xiii

/ / Chapter Thirteen: Don't You Go / /

                                    Ariel woke up with arms wrapped securely around his waist and Kace's breath passing through his hair. A heart beat steadily through the younger boy's bare chest, giving Ariel something to focus on other than his hangover. The pair's long legs were tangled and one of Ariel's arms was thrown over Kace's stomach. The other was curled up between them. Somehow, throughout the night Ariel had ended up with his head comfortably pillowed on Kace's chest.

                                    Unfortunately, before the blond's mind could battle it out--whether he wanted to stay cuddled up in bed or push Kace away--he felt bile rise in his throat. Weakly rolling to his feet, Ariel staggered into the en suite bathroom of the unfamiliar room. He gripped the edge of the toilet as he violently emptied the contents of his stomach into it. Groaning and clutching his pounding head, Ariel allowed himself a moment to sit on the floor. The bathroom tile was cold on his bare legs and ass, sending tingly little shivers up his spine.

                                    Eventually, Ariel stood. Dragging his feet as he walked, the blond exited the bathroom and trekked through the large guest room. On his way towards the bed, Ariel grabbed his boxers and slid them on. They hung loosely just beneath his hips. Yawning and stretching out the stiffness in his spine, Ariel rolled back onto the bed. His mind found a comfortable middle ground between pushing or cuddling Kace by placing a pillow between them. Yanking the blanket back over him, Ariel pressed his back against the barrier-pillow and shut his eyes.

                                    "Mornin' sunshine." Kace's deep, scratchy morning voice had never sounded as annoying as it did when he spoke. Scowling, Ariel let out a little sound somewhere between a grumble and a hiss. Kace quieted his voice to a whisper. "Sorry." There was a pause before he continued. "Did you really put a pillow wall between us?" Ariel groan-hissed again.

                                    The pair lay in silence for a while, with Kace occasionally sliding the pillow-barrier down and Ariel shoving it back up. It was comfortable. It was very comfortable until a loud knock echoed through the door, ripping up the cozy silence and hitting Ariel like nails through his skull.

                                    Kace giggled breathily. "We're in someone else's house," he whispered, shaking his head with another breathy laugh. Though he knew he should be moving and exiting the unfamiliar house, Ariel couldn't bring himself to move. "I'll ask Matty to give us a bit," Kace murmured, reaching over to gently stroke Ariel's messy curls.

                                    "Thanks," the older boy managed, though his voice was so muffled by a pillow it was impossible to know if Kace heard. Ariel lifted his head to watch the year nine slide his baby pink panties on, followed by stealing Ariel's stray t-shirt and tugging it on. Though Kace was tall, he was still two years younger; the shirt hung past his ass and off his shoulder. Ariel's shoulders were more broad, he had more muscle in his arms, and he stood a few inches taller than Kace. The brunette looked adorable. Once again, Ariel covered his face with a pillow.

                                    It muffled the sound of Kace closing the door behind him to talk to Matty Healy. A few minutes later, the year nine re-entered and crawled back into bed. "We have an hour," Kace informed. "Oh, and maybe you should moan a little; I told him we needed time for another round."

                                    "Do me a favour," Ariel grumbled, "and hit yourself in the head. I'm in too much pain to move." Kace giggled. There was a pause and then Ariel spoke again. "You know that means you can't leave to get coffee, right?"

                                    "Roll onto your stomach," Kace announced. "I'm really good at giving massages." Too tired to complain--or suppress his love for the idea of his crush rubbing his naked back--Ariel twisted. Moving carefully, Kace straddled the year eleven's waist and started kneading his tanned skin. Starting at his shoulders and moving down, Kace forced the tense muscles of Ariel's back to relax. A fluffy, white cloud settled around the older boy's head, easing the pain. It overwhelmed his senses with a sense of serenity.

                                    Some time later, Ariel's eyes were fluttering open and he was waking from a deep sleep. Kace's hands were stroking the side of his face and he was whispering sweet nothings. The words left his mouth in little puffs of warm air that hit Ariel's cheeks. "What is with you and rubbing my face or back or-?"

                                    "Your dick," Kace supplied. Scowling, Ariel swatted the younger boy's face. "I see your hangover's better." Ariel raised an eyebrow that screamed duh. "We have to leave now," Kace continued. "I was going to carry you without waking you, but I'm kind of not that muscular, so."

                                    Ariel giggled and scoffed. "Let's go, you dolt." He yawned and rubbed his nose with his fists, looking somewhat like a rabbit. When the blond boy looked up, Kace's eyes were filled with an ineffable emotion. His mouth was quirked into a fond smile mixed with something like a pained grimace. "What's wrong with you?"

                                    A long pause, and then Kace replied. "Do you want to go out with- laser tag? Tomorrow?" Ariel's forehead creased.

                                    "What?" Kace moved his mouth but didn't seem able to reply. "You're asking me to go to play laser tag with you?" Ariel felt his eyebrows shoot up and his eyes communicated confusion. Kace nodded. "Uh... sure."

                                    Though Ariel hated Kace--a scoff escaped the voice in his head--he'd agreed. The other voice, the one that was happy to repress Ariel's crush, was quick to supply a reason. So that Kace will continue being your bitch, it suggested. Ariel latched onto it. Smiling slightly, he contented himself with the bullshit explanation.

a/n this book is a flop but i'll just keep updating anyways lmao xoxo