iv

/ / Chapter Four: Bad Days Lead to Good Nights / /

                            Nathan opened a savings account and deposited $100.00 as principal. The account earns 12% interest, compounded continuously. What is the balance after 6 years?

                              Ariel stared unseeingly at the paper in front of him. This question wasn't even all that hard, but the boy had already struggled with the unit before he'd fried his brain in an exam the class prior. Ariel despised pop quizzes, he loathed tests, but most of all, he abhorred this day. Yawning and resigning himself to a bad grade, the teenager scribbled something down and shoved the pop quiz to the edge of his desk.

                                It'd been a few days since the mortifying fall against Kace's chest, and Ariel had since gotten lots of sleep. Even so, the stress of his day made it feel like he'd been awake for years. Ariel nearly shouted with elation when the bell rang. He couldn't wait to get absolutely wasted at the party being thrown that night.

-

                                "See you tomorrow, Ari." Chance quickly hugged his best friend, one hand still locked in his date's hand. Ariel smiled, waving as the two year ten's got lost in the crowd. Though it was still early, the house party was in full swing with underage and barely legal high schoolers dancing and kissing and shouting conversations, all while completely and thoroughly intoxicated.

                                Ariel wasted no time in joining them. Allowing a lazy smile to slide across his features, the platinum-gold blond was pushed along through the grinding crowds and to the kitchen. He found the alcohol and cups easily, having been in this kitchen before. Ariel wasn't exactly sure whose house it was, since Chance had driven them there. Ari had been so preoccupied with screening his best friend's date that he hadn't even looked around at the neighbourhood.  Whoever's house it was, he mentally praised them for their variety of drinks. With expert hands, Ariel mixed cherry vodka with lemonade--well, filled a glass with cherry vodka and added a tiny rivulet of lemonade.

                                Half an hour later, whilst on his way to get his umpteenth drink, a very familiar voice hit Ariel's ear. "Hi, darling," Kace greeted. Ariel spun to face him, stumbling and throwing a hand out to steady himself. Kace chuckled, sounding fond as he wrapped his arms around the older boy's waist. "Careful there, princess."

                                "Let's dance," Ariel announced, loosely slinging his arms around Kace's neck as he spoke. "Or make out. Or fuck." There was a long pause before the drunk boy gasped and added another option to the list. "Can we go eat Oreos?" Ariel moaned softly at the idea and gripped the collar of Kace's metallic, eggplant-coloured shirt. "Let's get Oreos." 

                                "Okay," Kace agreed, managing to sound confused and fond at the same time. "Come on, bugs, they're downstairs." He gently linked his fingers with Ariel's as he led the boy towards the staircase.

                                  "How do you know?" Ariel questioned, scampering up alongside Kace and circling his arms around the younger boy's stomach. The year eleven rested his head on Kace's shoulder.

                                  "I live here," Kace replied with a chuckle. Ariel was too drunk to consider the fact that he literally lived a few feet away and hadn't noticed. "Careful, Bambi," Kace added when Ariel stumbled on the plushly carpeted steps. "Okay," he announced when the boy tripped yet again, "I'm going to pick you up, alright, honey?" Ariel absently nodded, giggling like a child on a rollercoaster when Kace scooped him up bridal style.

                                  Ten minutes later, after grabbing a box of Oreos and shoving their way upstairs and into Kace's room, the two boys collapsed onto the bed. Ariel happily grabbed the cookies and curled into a ball to eat them. Following him onto the mattress, Kace wrapped his arm around Ariel's shoulder. Currently, the older boy was drunkenly mumbling about the godliness of Oreos and planning his wedding with them. 

                                    Out of nowhere, Ariel rolled on top of Kace. He giggled and pressed his nose against the younger boy's, their lips just barely brushing. "Can we make out now? Too drunk to dance." Ariel stared at Kace's pretty face as he awaited an answer. There was a dusting of pink on the younger boy's ivory cheeks.

                                    "Sure, princess. You know you don't have to ask--" Ariel interrupted the boy by pressing his lips against Kace's. They kissed passionately, with Kace whimpering and gasping into Ariel's mouth. Explosions seemed to occur behind Ariel's lips, fiery eruptions that travelled through his chest and settled into a bubbling pit of arousal in his lower regions. The boy's hips started to buck, ripping a loud, breathy moan from Kace.

                                    "Fuck, baby," Kace managed, throwing his head back and exposing the pale column of his throat. Ariel pressed his mouth against it, gently biting and kissing the soft skin. "Mm," Kace groaned, arching his back off the bed and tilting his head as far as it would go to give more access to his neck. When Ariel removed his mouth, there was a dark, purple hickey.

                                    "It matches your clothes," Ariel giggled drunkenly, gently tracing the mark with his short nails. Kace wore thigh high boots that reflected some of the faint light in the room, the dark purple color absorbing most of it. Black leather short-shorts showcased his legs, and the fabric was so minimal Ariel wondered if the boy was wearing panties. Kace started to yank at the shorts, answering that question in an instant.

                                    Ariel giggled softly, his voice breathy and aroused. "You matched your panties to your clothes?" The older boy pulled the lacy purple waistband and let it snap back against Kace's skin. Yelping through a moan, the teenager's hips bucked and he gripped Ariel's loose sweater.

                                    "I even matched the damn condom," Kace said, his voice soft and panting. Digging through his bedside drawer, the year nine revealed a small, purple square of foil.

                                    Ariel giggled, taking the condom and shoving it off to the side. "Slow down," he teased. "All we've done is gotten your shorts down to your thighs."

                                    "Well then hurry your cute little ass up," Kace whined, gesturing pointedly at his lace-covered erection. Ariel complied with a small giggle.

a/n this book is a flop but do i care? no!