Final Stop, New York City

Start from the beginning

"Harry Potter? Of The Marauder's Den?" the female voice on the other end asked.

"Yes," Harry replied cautiously. "How may I help you?"

"Do you know a Doctor Bruce Banner?" the female asked.

Harry's eyebrows rose in surprise and he had a sudden suspicion of who he was talking to.

"I do; he's a friend of mine," he confirmed. "I wouldn't happen to be talking to Jennifer Walters, would I?"

There was a pause before she answered.

"Yes."

"Bruce said that he'd given you my number," Harry smiled. "Where are you? Are you in New York?"

"I'm just outside of it," Jennifer replied.

"Well, in that case, why don't you come over? I'm sure that I can find Bruce and get him here in an hour or two. Do you have my address?"

"NO! That is, yes, I have your address but no, I'm not going there. Bruce will have to come to me," Jennifer replied a stubbornness in her voice that told Harry that no amount of arguing was going to change her mind.

Harry frowned. Something was going on, something that Bruce hadn't told him about. Nevertheless, this was Bruce's cousin, his family and if that's what she wanted, who was he to argue with her?

"Fair enough. If you tell me where you are, I'll let Bruce know," Harry offered.

"No," Jennifer replied. "I ... I might not stay where I am. I'll ring back in a couple of hours and talk to Bruce then, if he's there."

"Okay, I'll have him here waiting for you," Harry assured her.

"Good. Thanks," she said before the line went dead.

Harry blinked at the handset before slowly putting it back into its cradle. There was definitely something wrong and Harry instinctively knew that he had to find Bruce fast. And then get him back to the Den.

ooo00ooo

After leaving Phoebe in charge of the Den, Harry ducked up to his apartment for a little more privacy. A quick apparition later and he was standing in the main lounge room of Avengers Tower

"Good morning, Mister Potter," Jarvis stated out of thin air, not sounding the least bit startled at Harry's unexpected entrance.

"Hi, Jarvis," Harry replied. "Where is everyone?"

"Mister Stark is in his lab; Miss Potts is currently in her office and Thor is in the weight room," Jarvis stated.

Harry paused at the missing name. "Wait. What about Clint?"

"Mister Barton has gone 'on vacation'," Jarvis reported. "Mister Stark is most vexed that Mister Barton has disconnected the GPS on his phone and disabled my ability to track him by other means."

"Well, he is a spy," Harry grinned, "it's what he does. I'll head down to Tony's lab."

Not bothering to take the stairs, Harry simply apparated to right behind Tony's desk, making sure to arrive with a loud pop.

"Gandalf! Don't do that! What if I was working on something volatile and accidently blew up half the city?" Tony cried after having screamed at Harry's arrival while ducking himself flat against the table.

"How often do you work with stuff like that?" Harry challenged.

"More often than you'd imagine, actually," Tony shot back. "So, is there a point to your visit, Sparrowhawk or did you just feel like getting a kick out of seeing how much you could scare me with your theatrics?"