Chapter Seventeen (SEASON FINALE)

Começar do início

Jenner nodded in agreement. "Just get's them up and moving."

"..But they're not alive?" Adam asked as he looked at Jenner.

Jenner took a step back, pointing to the screen. "You tell me."

Adam examined the brain. "Most of that brain is dark..."

"The frontal lobe, the neocortex, the you part? That doesn't come back." Taylor added. "Just a shell driven by.. mindless instinct."

Jacqui leaned back. "God.."

Suddenly there was a flash on the screen, and a streak going through the brain. 

"God.. what was that?" Carol asked, looking up to the screen.

Andrea sighed as she stepped forward. "He shot his patient in the head.." 

Jenner sighed and looked up at the screen. "Vi, power down the main screens."

Andrea stepped toward Jenner. "TS-19 was your wife... you didn't want her to suffer."

Jenner looked up at her and gave her a nod. 

"There are others, right?" Andrea asked quietly.

Jenner looked down. 

"Everything went down. Communications, anyways." Taylor said for her father. "We've been in the dark for almost a month."

Andrea sighed. "So it's not just here." She paused, looking around. "It's everywhere."

She turned to Jenner. 

"There's nothing left. That's what you're really trying to say? No hope?" Andrea took another step closer to the doctor.

Jacqui shook her head at everything in disbelief. Brittany looked at Anthony. She had tears in the outlines of her eyes, but she blinked and they faded. She gave Anthony a small smile, reassuring him. Adam sighed as he looked over at Taylor who was looking down at the ground, playing with her thumbs. Ethan sat down on the floor, putting his head down. 

"Dr. Jenner, I hate to ask one more question.." Dale started before turning around, and pointing to the clock that was counting down. "That clock.."

Taylor looked up at him.

"It's counting down." Dale looked back at Jenner. "What happens at zero?"

Taylor looked down again as Jenner sighed.

"The basement generators... they run out of fuel." He mumbled.

"And then?" Anthony asked, walking toward Jenner, needing answers.

Silence.

"Vi, what happens when the basement generators run out of fuel?" Brittany asked as she looked up at the screen. 

"When the power runs out, facility-wide decontamination will occur." The robotic voice explained.

"Decontamination?" Taylor asked.

Jenner looked at Taylor as she looked at him.

"What the hell does that mean? Don't we just lose power?" Taylor got off the desk, walking toward her father.

Jenner shook his head, and opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by Taylor.

"I thought you said we'd just run out of food? What the hell does decontamination mean?!" She shouted to him.

Rick looked at Shane, giving him a message through eye-contacts. Shane then looked at Anthony and Adam.

"C'mon." He said before running to the hall, remembering signs that said 'basement' on the walls.