Chapter 1 | Given A Chance

Magsimula sa umpisa

***

Once the clock struck five, Yumi rushed back home to change clothes and prepare for the meeting. She quickly chose a neat black suit and cap along with a black face mask. It was an outfit starkly different from the white floral sweater and sky blue skirt she had on during the day. She was going to return to the company office as a completely different person, so she made sure to choose something Yumi would normally never wear. When she looked in the mirror, she laughed lightly, not recognizing herself.

People would think I was some ninja wannabe. Or even a criminal.

She took a large notebook and secured a pen in its rings. She needed extra precaution with this meeting if she wanted to keep her identity a secret. She won't talk at all. At least, her handwriting was neat and quite nice.They may find this strange but it was necessary to her. She took in a deep breathe at the door of her apartment, equipped her black winter coat, and exited as SoYou.

***

Jimin leaned back into the sofa within the recording studio, closing his eyes momentarily. For a straight two hours, he had been staring non stop at a blank piece of paper. Meanwhile, a beautiful EDM track played on repeat in the background. It was pretty. It sounded pure and lovely such that Jimin could not find words or lyrics to match it. Similarly, V and J-Hope had been in the studio, racking their brains over creating lyrics to the track as well and coming out absolutely empty. They all wanted to do well since they knew such a pretty track would, without a doubt, be a candidate for their next title song.

The track itself felt generic yet somehow made for BTS. Its soft yet powerful melody could sound so different depending on the lyrics added but that gap perfectly fitted with how BTS often performed with controversial and striking messages.

Just how was that possible? Did its composer make it specifically for BTS?

Jimin pouted and shook his head. It didn't really matter. Either way, his head was completely blank and would not be able to write any lyrics like this. He exited the studio then, meeting with V in the hallway and chatted briefly before they were called by Sejin, their manager, to gather in the conference room--one used specifically for special guests. The last celebrity to meet them there was Wale so once all the members and producers arrived in the room, they waited silently with tense excitement. Who could this special guest be?

***

SoYou arrived at Big Hit and headed straight to Bang PD's office, already familiar of its location as Yumi. She took off her black winter coat and placed it over her arm before knocking on his door. Within seconds, Bang PD called for her to enter. He took a moment to look at her up and down before nodding once. "Welcome to Big Hit, SoYou-sshi." He was dressed casually in a black hood and jeans but the atmosphere around him felt authoritative. SoYou bowed and was about to take out her notebook when he put his hand up. "Let's delay talking about the contract at a later time. Everyone is already waiting to meet you."

SoYou nodded and followed Bang PD to the conference room. When she entered, she was surprised by all the attendees that were already present. The entire production team, including Slow Rabbit, and BTS were there. She felt a bit flustered by the flood of attention but managed to appear calm on the outside. She bowed and displayed her notebook with the greeting she had pre-written on the road. "Hello. I am SoYou."

Jimin let his mouth open in shock as he observed the small guest.

She...I think she was a she...was dressed entirely in black and had on a mask that covered her entire face except her eyes. She was...uh... Okay, unique might be the best way to describe her for now.