𝙁 𝙊 𝙐 𝙍

Start from the beginning

"You know, I'm not too fond of bananas. However, they are wonderful in smoothie form." Kassidy said before taking a sip her banana smoothie as she and Karen sat down at the long table that stood in the center of the room where they were going to be having the read through, the two of them and a few other people settling in and putting their scripts down in front of them.

"They are good." Karen agreed before taking a sip of her grapefruit smoothie. "Although, grapefruit is pretty damn good."

"Can't argue there." Kassidy shrugged before taking another sip of her smoothie just as Matt entered the room, Kassidy smiling at him. "There he is."

"And how are you both this morning?" He smiled back as he took the seat in between the Gillan twins, putting his script down on the table in front of him.

"Can't complain." Karen smiled as more people began to come into the room, Miss Alex Kingston and Mr. Steven Moffat being two of them.

"Hi, I'm Alex." Alex greeted quietly, smiling kindly as she took a seat on the other side of Kassidy.

"I'm Kassidy." Kassidy smiled back at her as she shook her outstretched hand, trying not to visibly freak out because of the fact she was meeting Alex Kingston.

"Relax, Kassidy. She's a person." Karen whispered as she leaned past Matt.

"Shut up, Karen." Kassidy whispered back harshly, making Matt and Alex laugh.

"Oh, we're going to get along just fine." Alex giggled, patting Kassidy's hand before looking to Steven as he spoke aloud.

"Morning, everyone, Let's find our seats." Steven greeted, taking his seat as everyone else found their seats and began to settle in for what they were about to do. "A brand new era is beginning, and it is going to be brilliant. So, why don't we start by going around the table and saying our names? 'Cause I know I'll never get tired of saying my name is Steven Moffat and I'm the executive producer and head-writer of Doctor Who."

Everyone cheered and clapped before it then went on to everyone else as they introduced themselves, people cheering and clapping welcomingly as they did so.

"I'm Matt. I play the Doctor." Matt smiled, looking around at everyone.

Kassidy grinned, giving everyone a small wave. "I'm Kassidy, and I'm playing Lexi."

"I'm Karen. I'm playing Amy." Karen smiled, nodding at everyone.

Alex smiled at everyone, giving them a small wave in much the same way as Kassidy did. "I'm Alex, and I'm playing River."

It then went on as all the other people introduced themselves before Steven clapped his hands together, a big smile on his face.

"Alright then, let's get started." He began before opening the script in front of him as everyone else did the same with theirs before Steven began reading the scene setup, everybody happily following along and saying/reading their lines when it was their turn.

***

It wasn't until the read through was over and everyone was leaving to go about the rest of their day that Karen finally decided to talk with Kassidy about something she had been thinking about since they had gotten their scripts for the episodes.

"You handled yourself pretty well in there when we read the scenes with you, or Lexi, kissing the Doctor. A.k.a. Mister Clumsy." Karen told Kassidy quietly as the two of them walked down the hallway.

"Okay, first: I can be a professional about this thing." Kassidy pointed out. "And two: you're gonna have to kiss him as well."

"Lucky boy, isn't he?" Karen grinned at her as they came to a stop at an intersection of hallway. "But seriously, he doesn't really seem like my type."