•01•

Chaerin's POV

"Hello everyone. My name is Park Chaerin, it's a pleasure to meet you all."

I smiled and rehearsed in front of the mirror again and again, losing my count. Every second that's passing I was starting to get anxious, public speaking isn't just my thing. "Hey!" Jimin, my brother barged in my room, shocking me. "What do you want?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Calm down, I was just checking on you if you're ready for school." He placed his hands on my shoulder and gave it a squeeze, his sign of assurance.

I took a deep breathe and gained my composure, looking up to my brother who's just a few inches tall, I answered,"I'm almost finished getting ready and I was just rehearsing what I'm gonna say in front of people."

"Hey, I'm sure you'll do great." He said and gave me a pat on the head. "I just finished making breakfast, maybe eating your favorite dish will calm your nerves." He gave me an assuring smile.

My eyes lit up, I squealed and hopped in happiness upon hearing "your favorite dish". He knows how to make me smile whenever I'm feeling down. "Thank you Minnie!" I gave him a quick hug and dashed to the dining room and started munching down on this delicious chocolate chip pancakes.

"Hey! Spare some of those pancakes!" I heard his footsteps pacing quickly as I laughed.

Moments like this give me the will to carry on. Mom, dad. I'm doing fine, right?

My parents died when I was younger, they were killed by a group of people. Jimin's father, my uncle was a lawyer and took me in and filled me in on what happened. He had told me they were assassinated during their work due to the fact they had evidence against the late governor about his corrupt practices and policies.

That day, two heart's ceased beating, the other broke.

"It's still early for us to go to school since classes start at 8 o'clock and it's still an hour early. But since you're new, I'll give you a tour of the school." Jimin said as he finished his last piece of pancake. I nodded, not being able to answer since I usually stuff my mouth with food.

"You'll literally choke if you keep doing that." He said. Moments after he has said that, I did choke. Jimin sighed and gave me a glass of water, immediately drinking it. "What did I say..." He trailed off, shaking his head like the mother he is. I gave him my sweetest smile to which he smiled at.

"Well, let's go. We're gonna be late if we don't leave now." We cleaned the table and went out, walking to the bus stop and wait for the bus. It didn't take long for the bus to arrive, we got in and went to school. As soon as we arrived, I was in awe of the sight in front of me.

The campus was beautiful, and very spacious. I get why he said I needed a tour. "Beautiful view, right? Wait until autumn comes. Now, let's go." We linked arms and made our way to different sections of the campus. After what seems like a long time, we finally reached our room.

"That.. was.. tiring.." I talked through each breathe I was taking and glared at him. He laughed and told me I'll get used to it. He showed me my seat which was next to him, the two of us sat down and I contently smiled feeling the tension from my legs dissipate.

"One last thing, I want you to meet my friends during lunch time. Let's go together, okay?" He said and I nodded. "Relax, they won't bite." He added which made me look at him weirdly.