Chapter 7

It felt like hours of silence passed by before anyone said anything. All you could hear was the harsh drops of rain hitting the car. The tapping of Jeremy’s fingers on the steering wheel was the only other thing we could hear apart from the rain.

“So who’s your new friend?” The way he asked me the question sounded a bit suspicious but I couldn’t exactly tell what emotions hid behind those words but the mention of Ashton brought a smile to my face.

“Oh that’s Ashton, well you know that already because he’s in our-I mean my French class but anyways he’s from Australia” My voice sounded nervous and I couldn’t seem to make eye contact with him. Once again he mutters something that I don’t quite understand in French. I hate when he does that.

“You hate when I do what?” Shit did I say that out loud?

“Oh um nothing sorry I didn’t mean to-ignore me” My cheeks were on fire, I could feel it.

“No tell me” He seems half amused and half curious. He looks at me expectantly as I contemplate if I should tell him or not, I mean it’s not like I said anything bad right?

“I just said that I hate when you do that”

“Do what?”

“Say something in French that I don’t understand after I say something” Frustration seeps through my voice as I voice my thoughts.

“Oh well I’m sorry?” A small laugh escapes his lips before apologizing once again.

“So what did you say?”

“Nothing, don’t worry about it” His cheeks flush a light color of red and I notice how we act the same when we get nervous. Avoid eye contact and blush.

“Come on tell me, if it’s nothing its fine!”

“I said that you guys seem pretty close” The words stumble out of his mouth in a rush and I barely have the time to process the words. I feel myself develop a confused look on my face as I ponder on what those words could have meant. Aston and I were getting close? Of course we were, he’s the first friend I’ve had in a while.

“Well yeah, I really enjoy his company, he’s funny” I already feel a smile growing on my face talking about him again. After that he didn’t reply simply nodded and turned on the radio, again with his weird behavior but I dismissed it. One of my favorite Maroon 5 songs came on, she will be loved.

I begin to softly sing along to the song but to my surprise Mr. Richards began to belt out the lyrics at maximum volume. I start laughing, laughing so much it hurts. I feel so free right now at this moment. I don’t even care that he’s my teacher, I felt happy. Soon enough, I joined in and with the following songs we were signing like there was no tomorrow.

I glance at my teacher only to notice that he’s grinning widely at me and I mirror his actions.

“Your voice is like totally American idol material” He says in a teasing tone in which I reply with by giving him a gentle slap on the shoulder

I glance out the window for a moment only to notice that the rain has considerably slowed down. I hope he doesn’t notice because I’m really enjoying the time we’re spending together. I tear my attention away from the window and back to him.

“Let’s play twenty questions” I suggest, hoping to learn a few more things about him.

“Sure, go ahead” He replies and I feel stupid for not thinking of a first question so I blurt out the first thing that comes to mind

“Do you have a girlfriend?” I blurt out and I regret it immediately. I pray to god that my cheeks aren’t as red as I think they are. God I’m so stupid, what if he thinks I’m weird or like a creepy student or something. I’m so consumed in my thoughts that I barely hear his reply

“No I don’t actually” I feel relieved that he doesn’t have one and also because he doesn’t think I’m crazy. Or well I think he doesn’t. Before I can apologize or reply he’s asking me a question.

“Have you ever been in love?”

“No I haven’t but I would love to be. I think love is such a beautiful thing. Having someone that loves you enough to bring you flowers every day and take you out on cheesy dates. Someone who every time you look at you get butterflies in your stomach and your heart flutters, someone who you can love, and loves you back unconditionally…” I realize that I’ve basically poured my heart out to my French teacher in just a few seconds. If he didn’t think I’m crazy he does now.

“I’m sorry too much information” I laugh nervously. He’s gazing at me intently and it’s so intense I have to look away. I’m silently begging him to say something, anything really.

“You’re something else Emberly Gold” He replies in a soft voice but the sound of my name never ceases to make my heart skip a beat.

“That’s a good thing I hope?”

“It’s definitely a great thing” He smiles slightly before turning on the engine and proceeds to drive me home. The ride home is spent in a comfortable silence, not awkward or anything. We arrive at my house in no time and as I go to step out of the car, a hand grabs mine loosely.

“I hope to continue this game Emberly” I swear I see him wink before convincing myself it was jsut an eye twitch.

“Oh uhm sure, bye Mr. Richa-Jeremy. Bye Jeremy” I correct myself after he gives me a pointed look and quickly run to my door. Before I go into my house I turn back and give him a smile and a small wave. He returns the smile and drives off.

I don’t go into my house until after I see his car disappear. I think I may or may not have taking a liking to my French teacher and not in a student way.

********

Sorry it took so long to update. School really stresses me out but anyways I hope you liked it, vote comment whatever or not yeah okay byee xxx (sorry if theres mistakes)

xxkelssxx