Kylo jolted from his chair suddenly, using the Force to send the med droid across the room. The tiny machine smashed itself against a wall, and it fell to a hundred pieces. Kylo breathed heavily, staring at the blank wall with wide eyes. His body was shaking.

That was all in his mind, so why did it feel so real?

•••

When Raena finally came back to reality, her eyes fully opened to a bright room. Actually, the set up was quite familiar to her. Even after death, she would remember the walls of a First Order ship any day. Raena immediately felt for the comlink in her ear, trying to brush it off as her just playing with her hair. It was still there, out of sight.

Feeling a sticky substance on her skin, Raena looked down to see some kind of transparent ointment covering her arms and parts of her face. Her skin was almost fully healed from the burns. She was silently impressed with her own strength now. With a flick of her head, she looked at the cushioned bench beside her cot. Raena sat up, noticing that there was a slight indent in the seat, meaning someone had been there. When she turned to the door in front of her room, Raena's heart almost jumped out of her chest.

General Hux stood before the closed door with his hands behind his back. He stared down at Raena with interest, quirking a brow upward. "What took you so long?"

In one swift movement, Raena grabbed the glass vile near her bedside and threw it at Hux's head. He quickly dodged the attack, watching the vile shatter onto the steel floor. He turned back to Raena in the cot, almost wanting to laugh. She still had the same attitude to her.

"What have you done?" Raena exclaimed with wide eyes.

"I believe I already asked you a question, Nhagy." Hux continued on. "What took you so long to come back?"

Raena's lip twitched. "I guess your little reanimation serum takes some time to have an effect."

"Ah," he nodded, "so you did figure out what I gave you. Well, I don't understand why you seem so angry then. I helped you, and all I get in return is a vile thrown at my face."

"You dumped my body on Takodana!" She screamed, pointing her finger in his direction. Her eyes tore into him like a weapon. "You just left me there, waiting for me to fucking wake up so you could use me again. You gave me that serum just so I would come back."

Hux's eyes flickered from the assassin to his feet. He was truly confused as to why she was so upset. He did her a favor. She should be thanking him. "Of course, I did," he replied honestly. "I did it to save your strength – to save the last Nhagy." Hux then smiled falsely for a mere second. "And look at you now. Back where you rightfully belong. It was only a matter of time before you came back."

Raena rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest. The lotion rubbed onto her ripped shirt. Hux looked to her once-wounded arms, but he watched the skin slowly connect itself together right in front of him. He blinked for a moment. The serum really did do wonders.

She brought him out of his thoughts then, turning back to Hux with a suspicious glare. "How did you even get the reanimation serum?"

"It's quite a funny story," he replied, walking over to the bench near her cot and sitting down. Hux rested his hands on his lap. "I was studying at the Arkanis Academy. My sad excuse for a father worked there actually, and he trained me ruthlessly, but that isn't really relevant to the story. The Academy was ... harsh, but it taught me everything I know now. Of course, we were taught some form of science and medical work.

"While I was there, one of my professors decided to teach us the gift of immortality. He said it was something impossible to retrieve, but science brought us closer to the gift." Hux continued, reminiscing with glossy eyes. "He brought out a small vile of the reanimation serum, though he refused to tell us how he got it. I was so ... fascinated with it. 'Even with this small amount,' he said, 'I can bring someone back to life.' The reanimation serum had harsh criticism though, seeing as it was created by Cornelius Evazan, who was one of the most psychotic doctors during his time."