TWENTY THREE

CHAPTER 23
UNKILLABLE

AN enormous wave of anger grew in the pit of Raena's stomach

AN enormous wave of anger grew in the pit of Raena's stomach. Her knuckles were – most likely – bleeding, but she continued to hit them against the punching bag in front of her. The training center on the Resistance vessel, Raddus, was different to the one on Starkiller Base, and for that she was grateful. She didn't really want to be reminded of her years with the First Order, but truthfully, it was the only thing ever on her mind. She liked this ship better than their base on D'Qar.

Immortality had its perks. For instance, Raena didn't have to worry about being the last of the Nhagy bounty hunter family. She couldn't die – thanks to General Hux – so why should she have to worry about anything ever again? Well, just because she couldn't die, didn't mean that it wouldn't hurt to be stabbed again. That was a feeling that she would never forget.

On the contrary, immortality made Raena more confident, and not in the good way. The skillful assassin was already cocky as it was, but immortality did something to a person. She was angrier now; careful to not trust quickly. She valued the art of friendship and wanted to talk to others within the Resistance, but she wouldn't be so trustworthy. Raena held more grudges now, and frequently reminded herself of every bad thing that was done to her to bring her to this point. She wanted to make them all pay, and soon enough, her biggest enemy would.

A sweat coated her forehead, and she quickly wiped it away for a moment. She looked around at the few others in the training room. They were at the other end of the room, and they refused to talk to her. Raena got that vibe from most people on the Raddus, except for her colleagues, Poe Dameron and General Organa. But she couldn't really blame them. Raena had done some pretty shitty things, nor was she done with them. She wanted her grudges to be fulfilled, but only for the right reasons.

Raena took a long swig from her water bottle. She downed the whole thing in less than a minute. Deciding that she was done for the day, she walked towards the exit of the training room. She smiled towards the other Resistance members, but they made no moves.

As Raena walked the halls of the bustling Resistance base, she couldn't help but feel like an outsider. These were all good people, doing good things, and while Raena wanted to believe she was one of them, she knew she truly wasn't. She wasn't anything, actually. She didn't join the Resistance to be part of the greater good; she joined to extract revenge on the man who killed her. While she didn't listen to Supreme Leader Snoke's words very often, she knew he chose her to work with them for a reason; he knew who she really was on the inside. Raena Nhagy wasn't a good person. She never would be, but she would try her hardest to now do what she thought was right.

The Raddus, again, was nothing like Starkiller Base. The ship didn't have certain sections for people in higher ranking. Everyone was mixed together, with the exception of Leia Organa. Raena was given a personal room in the back of the ship, centered between male pilot and a female technician. Neither of them talked to her. It was times like these that she actually missed Gerardo.