FOUR

CHAPTER 4
TRUE FACE

RAENA smacked her clenched hands against the metal restraints, which only alerted their sensor to tighten themselves around her wrists

RAENA smacked her clenched hands against the metal restraints, which only alerted their sensor to tighten themselves around her wrists. She felt the cold cuffs cut into her skin as she struggled, begging someone – anyone – to get her out. She was the last of the Nhagy line; it was crucial for her to stay alive.

"Shit," she grumbled to herself, the metal wristlets continuing to dig into her fine skin.

She was startled by the doors in front of her opening, revealing a tall, lean man with slicked back hair and a grim expression. For the first time, she was staring at someone's actual face. She felt a tiny bit of relief.

He cleared his throat. "It has been brought to the First Order's attention that you have been keeping more from us than you let on."

"I've told you everything." Raena shut her eyes, letting out a loud sigh. "Who are you?"

"My name is General Hux, and you are Raena Nhagy, are you not?" He asked with a quirked brow, to which Raena slowly nodded. "Explain why you failed to tell anyone, even Commander Ren, your family lineage."

Raena's hazel orbs formed into slits. "It's not a usual topic for conversation when I'm being held captive."

"Fair enough," he nodded, beginning to pace in front of her chair. "Correct me if I'm wrong: you were indeed part of the Nhagy bounty hunter duo that existed throughout the Western Reaches many moons ago."

His eyes were serious, and she found them reaching into the depths of her mind without the type of force the commander had. She nodded at his question.

"And for the price of not killing you, you told Commander Ren that you would be willing to work for the First Order."

She hesitated for a moment, remembering her words when her blood had been pumping too rapidly and her brain didn't know what she had been thinking. Was working for the dark side the only way to escape imminent death? As Raena looked into the general's eyes, she knew her answer.

Nodding once again, she replied, "Correct."

General Hux approached her, closer this time. Pulling out a small console from his pocket and punching in a random code, Raena felt the metal restraints on her wrists and legs immediately open. Her eyes went wide as she slowly sat up, rubbing her calloused hands over the infected cuts along her skin. She looked up at the general, flabbergasted beyond compare. "Follow me," he ordered.

She moved her legs off of the metal chair, already feeling like they were to combust into jelly. She struggled to stand as General Hux sighed. "Come along now," he urged as she stretched out her long legs, soon trudging close behind him.

She strove to keep up with the general's fast pace, rubbing circles into her wrist as they strode in an unfamiliar direction. She noticed a large amount of storm troopers turning their heads at her walking around without any restraints. "Excuse me," she called to the general, "where are we going?"

"We are meeting with Commander Ren for you to speak to Supreme Leader Snoke." He spoke quickly. "If my assumptions are correct, you will be given your first assignment."

"Already?" She blurted, and soon blocked out most of the general's words as an answer. She watched many of the storm troopers running amongst the premises, commanding each other to search for "the scavenger girl." Had they kidnapped the girl meant for the Skywalker lightsaber as well?

She turned her head quickly as they rounded a corner, her eyes suddenly locking with a familiar pair of brown ones. The scavenger girl crouched quietly in a corner near her, a blaster tucked tightly against her chest. Raena's eyes seemed to bug out of her skull as she passed the girl, and before she could lose her from her vision, the girl brought a finger to her lips.

General Hux, completely unaware of their other prisoner roaming the halls right near him, turned another corner and led Raena to a large, steel door, similar to the rest on the ship. He punched at the keypad on the console to his right and the doors moved open for him, until they were both met with another door, the metal a black shade. Again, the general punched in a code, and as the new doors opened, they were greeted with another being already in the room.

"I promise you, Supreme Leader, we will find a way to get the map," the man dressed in dark clothing before them pleaded.

Raena kept her head low, hearing a metallic grumble ahead. "Then where is the droid?"

"You see, Supreme Leader," Hux replied as he approached the two, Raena trailing behind, "Commander Ren thought just taking the scavenger girl was all he needed, but even she has outwitted him."

Raena looked up to the large being in front of her, a scarred face engulfed by wrinkles and a pair of beady black eyes. His form shined in the light, making his holographic identity evident to the tired blonde. Her eyes immediately fell to the floor again until she heard a cough next to her, her orbs locking with a dark pair to her left.

The man next to her had the body of Commander Ren, but the face of a scared young man. She couldn't believe this was the mysterious Kylo Ren in the flesh. Under the mask, his features seemed to all but scream, scared.

She found herself staring too long before the commander moved his head back to the holographic leader before them. She was clearly entranced by being in the presence of such a dark energy, almost as if she could feel the Force radiating off of him.

"Do not fret, Supreme Leader," Hux continued as he gave a smirk Ren's way, "for I have brought you a greater weapon in finding everything we need."

The Supreme Leader's eyes fell on Raena. "Is this the scavenger girl?"

"I'm afraid not, but I'm quite confident that she will be able to help us find her." The general pushed Raena in front of him, his hand grazing her shoulder as he said, "Introduce yourself, girl."

She cleared her throat, eyes downcast to the floor. "My name is Raena Nhagy."

Snoke's mouth formed into a tight smile. "Ah, a Nhagy. The last one, I presumed? Trained?"

Raena nodded at his questions.

It was obvious that Ren needed to make himself look better after oh-so-graciously screwing up what he was supposed to do, so he took a step forward, standing close to Raena. "She has promised to pledge her allegiance to the First Order in the excuse to live. Being part of the direct Nhagy line will make her a powerful asset to our army."

Raena was looking at him again, her eyes narrowing at how he was trying to save himself. That was the exact opposite of what he was saying just hours ago when he interrogated her.

Hux suddenly stood on the other side of her. "Commander Ren and I agree that she would make an excellent assassin for the First Order. She was part of the bounty hunter duo that roamed the Western Reaches in the past, allowing her skill to be extremely strong."

"I agree," Snoke nodded, "but loyalty must be earned through hard work. You want to prove your allegiance, girl?"

Raena looked up, the blackness of the leader's eyes consuming her. "Yes."

He smirked. "Find the scavenger girl."