Chapter 4: The Coming Darkness

Começar do início

          "Riveting isn't he?--"

A voice snaps Destiny out of her hypnosis from the awe of this place. She gives a confused look to Ravoncroft who just somehow appeared out of nowhere and is standing beside her.

Destiny is looking up at the star-filled ceiling that looks very real as it moves and shines just like the night sky.

The figure standing in the middle as she looks up was clad in hunting apparel, a bow with quivers, olive branch wreath on his head and toga that looked more reminiscent of times in Greece.

          "Orion, the Hunter; Both feared and admired, even by the gods." Ravoncroft continues...

          "Why did the gods fear him?" Destiny asked as her fascination with Greek mythology was a small side hobby of hers.

(Still looking up at the ceiling...)

          "-- Because his aim is true—always, never misses, and is always right on target." Ravoncroft says to Destiny with lots of admiration for what "Orion" represents.

          "Why then, is Orion positioned directly above the pyramids?" Destiny queries knowing that this mixture of Greek and Egyptian symbolism didn't make sense. Ravoncroft smiled to himself as if he's been anticipating this moment. He looked Destiny straight in the eyes.

          "A very, very long time ago, the ancient Egyptians and Greek gods lived between the earth and Sky," pointing to both the constellation of "Orion" and the great pyramids.

          "And from within..." He places his index finger in the middle of Destiny's forehead, directing her gaze toward the windows and the world outside.

          "Understand?" Ravoncroft says to Destiny.

          "I imagine so." Destiny tries to figure out what Ravoncroft had meant, feeling as if she had lived this moment before.

          "Then you completely do understand." (Ravoncroft glances at his watch) "It's almost time for the event; follow me, Destiny, and see what lies in store for you." Ravoncroft motions hurriedly as he rushes towards the smaller area on the far side of the room. She just stands there motionless for a second not know what's really going on.

          "Time for what?--" Destiny is getting more and more perplexed with what's going on.

          "The toast of course, with a big event like this, we cannot miss -- trust me" Ravoncroft grins. Destiny is led to the other side of the room where she sees everyone filing through another pair of massive doors resembling architecture made from the gods. Entering a smaller room, she sees the most amazing contraption she's ever be held in her entire life. Suspended in mid-air are two enormous glass pyramids, one on top of the other. The top pyramid is positioned upside down so that the apexes of both are close enough to almost touch. Destiny recognized this from the similarity of the pyramids located in the Louvre in France.

Even more phenomenal is the fluorescent-gold sand flowing from the top pyramid, down into the bottom pyramid like an hourglass. The sands empty through the base of the bottom pyramid and into a marble fountain built right into the floor. The glowing liquid created by the mixture of sand and water is the room's only source of light, almost if it were mystical in nature. The sight was also awe-inspiring.

          "Destiny, welcome to the inner sanctum. Consider yourself very privileged to be here. Only those elite and uniquely gifted of people enter into here." Ravoncroft whispered to her pretty much freaking her out as if she was being indoctrinated into a cult now.