Chapter 4: Brothers

Taylor's P.O.V.

Yesterday was the worst day of my life. Not only had I been puking all day because I was hung over, I also found out that Joe had took me home. I mean of course I was appreciative of him taking me home. But I was more embarrassed.

Plus lying to my mom about why I was puking, made me feel pretty bad. I went about getting over Justin the wrong way. My stomach still hurt a little. Sitting up in my bed, I stared at the wall with a blank face. Back to where I always was. Boyfriendless, jealous of Selena, and wanting Justin. Sighing, it was going to be harder getting over Justin that I thought. The doorbell rang.

"Taylor, can you get that?" my mom yelled.

"Sure mom!" I yelled back. I got up out of bed. The doorbell rang again. Rushing down the stairs, I looked at the clock on the living room wall. 8:30. 'Who was here this early?' I thought. 

Continuing down the stairs, I went over to the door and opened it. Rolling my eyes, I signaled for him to come in. He closed the front door behind him. Crossing my arms under my chest, I thought I had made it clear to him that I was done with him.

"What do you want?" I asked rudely. Nick rolled his eyes.

"Do you mind if we sit down?" Nick asked. Shrugging, I then went over to my dining room table. Pulling out a chair, I sat down in it. Nick followed behind me and pulled out a chair and sat down across from me.

Putting my hands on the table, I tweddled my thumbs. I avoided looking at Nick. The last time Nick and I talked was at my Hollywood themed party. I had already told him that I was done helping him try to win Selena back. So why was he here?

"Why are you here Nick?" I asked breaking the awkward silence. Nick and I both looked at each other. He let out a loud sigh. I rolled my eyes.

"Just answer the question." I demanded. Nick looked into my eyes. His eyes were filled with sadness. I tried to feel sympathy for Nick, but I couldn't. I put my hands in my lap. Nick just stared at me. Groaning, I thought, 'Did he not just hear me?'

"Nick," I groaned. Nick just kept sighing. His eyes were glistening. Looking at the table, I avoided Nick. He better not cry. Nick sniffled, making me look up at him. He pursed his lips and began to talk.

"I'm guessing you heard the news on Selena, right?" he asked. I nodded.

"How could she do this to me? How could she?" Nick whined. This again? I thought I was done with this. Nick laid his forehead on the table and began to cry.

"Well for one she's not dating you. Two she loves Justin." I said. Nick took his head off the table and looked at me. He wiped the tears off his face, I brought my hands back onto the table top. I separated my hands from each other and stared at Nick.

By the way he was looking at me, I could actually feel the pain he was going through. The exact pain I felt when I first heard the news. I reached my hand across the table and grabbed Nick's hand. Nick put his hand in mine.

My eyes widened. I immediately took my hand out of Nick's then shoved my hand under the table. That was nothing. It was nothing. It never happened. It was nothing. Nick had a grin on his face.

"That wasn't me that just felt that, right?" Nick asked with curiosity. Oh my gosh! He felt it too. Immediately, I got up from that table and went into the kitchen. I'll just pretend like I didn't hear that. I turned on the sink and put my hands under the water.

There were footsteps behind me in the kitchen. I turned the water off and picked up the towel. ' Don't ask me about it. Don't ask me about it.' I thought.

"Taylor did you hear me?" Nick asked. Setting the towel down near the sink, I then turned around. Leaning against the counter, I then crossed my arms under my chest. Shaking my head, I thought, 'Now don't ask me again.' Nick moved closer to me and my heart raced a little.

"Did you feel what I felt?" Nick asked. I turned and looked at Nick. He leaned up against the counter next to me.

**Nick's P.O.V**

I saw the way Taylor was looking at me. She had felt something. She just didn't want to admit it. Walking over to counter, I leaned up against it, next to Taylor.

"Did you feel what I felt?" I asked curiously. Taylor turned her head and looked at me. Her beautiful blue eyes stared into mine. Her hair was falling perfectly. She looked so beautiful. She smirked at me, and I smiled back at her.

How could I have not seen it before? I was wasting my time on Selena. She had a boyfriend who loved her. It was obvious that Justin wasn't going to leave her. It was time to move on. And I wanted to move on with Taylor.

"Okay I felt something," Taylor admitted. My eyes lit up. She felt it too. I knew it. Beginning to lean in, Taylor got off the counter and walked over to the other side of the kitchen. She looked at me with confusion.

"What were you doing?" she asked. I sighed, I try too hard.

"I was going to kiss you. Too out of line?" I asked. Taylor's eyes were wide. She nodded then began pacing around in circles.

I didn't understand why she is so confused. Well I was a little confused myself. I came over here to mourn over Selena going to Paris. But I now found a new love. This was so unexpected and the best for both of us. Taylor stopped pacing in circles.

"Nick, I can't like you. I mean I went out with your brother!" Taylor yelled. I rolled my eyes. This had nothing to do with my brother. So why bring him up? I got off the counter and walked over to Taylor. 

We looked into each other's eyes. I could tell what she was thinking by the look in her eyes. She wanted to be with me. But she felt like she couldn't. I rolled my eyes.

"Taylor. Joe doesn't matter. All that matters is that we like each other." I said. Putting my hand on the side of Taylor's face, we looked into each other's eyes. Then we both leaned in and kissed each other. Taylor immediately pulled away. I took my hand off the side of her face.

"What's wrong?" I asked in a confused tone. Taylor jus stared at me with a blank look. Then she began shaking her head. 'Taylor you don't need to feel bad about this.' I thought.

Taylor's P.O.V.

"Get out!" I yelled. Nick looked at me confused. I shook my head. To be honest, I had enjoyed that kiss so much. But this couldn't happen.

"Get out!" I screamed. Nick looked at the floor disappointingly. He nodded then began to leave. I angrily followed him over to the door.

"Goodbye Taylor." Nick said as he left through the front door. Slamming the door behind him, I then leaned against the front door.

I couldn't believe that I just kissed Nick, and actually starting to like him. But it couldn't happen at all. I mean Nick was Selena's ex. Plus I dated his brother. Of course I wanted to go out with Nick. But it would just be wrong.

I couldn't do that to myself, Selena, and especially Nick. Ugh! Why did I always have to fall in love the wrong guy? It's always gonna be me, isn't it?