Chapter 3: Pool Hall

Taylor's P.O.V.

Passing by a pool hall, it was playing super loud music. I stopped myself once I passed by the door. Pulling out my phone, I checked the time. 7:30, plenty of time to try something new. Putting my phone back into my satchel, I just stared and wondered if I should go in or not.

Well it's worth a shot. Turning around, I went into the pool hall. There were so many people in here. Everyone stared me down. Walking over to the bar, I acted like I knew what I was doing. After paying for a table; for a few hours; I walked over to my table.

Everyone quit staring at me. I took a cue off the wall. The balls were already racked up. Walking to the other side of the table, I got ready to hit the cue ball. Honestly, I had no idea what I was doing.

Tapping the cue ball, it barely moved. Rolling my eyes, I thought, 'Maybe I shouldn't be doing this.' Looking up, I saw an attractive blonde checking me out. Looking away from him, I attempted to hit the cue ball again. Missed.

Rolling my eyes, I thought, 'I should just give up.' The blonde guy got up from his seat and walked over to me. My heart began to race.

"You need some help there?" he asked kindly.

Laughing, I replied, "Is it that obvious, that I'm new at this?" He laughed.

"It's okay. It's cute." he said, which made me blush. He eagerly stuck his hand out. 

"Sam." he said.

"Taylor." I said while shaking his hand, then let go of it a few seconds later.

"So what school do you go to?" I asked while leaning up against the pool table. I chocked after he said the name of a college.

"What about you?" he asked. I continued coughing. He was in college? He didn't even look like he was.

"Yeah I go there too." I lied in between my coughs. He looked at me with concern.

"Really I haven't seen you there before." Sam pointed out.

"Yeah I'm starting after break." I said figuring they were on their winter break also. Continuing to cough, Sam nodded.

"Are you okay? Do you want me to get you something?" he asked. Nodding, my coughing continued. A few minutes later he came back with two beers. 'Oh yeah, I lied about my age also.' I thought. He handed me a beer.

I knew I shouldn't, but I have to or else he'll suspect something. Sticking my tongue out after I took a sip, I couldn't help it. It was nasty. But there was no way that I was going to admit that to him. Going over to the table by the cues, I set the beer down.

"Show me how to play?" I asked. Sam walked over to the table and set his beer down next to mine.

"By the way thanks." I said.

"No problem." Sam said, then walked over to me. He began helping me move my arms to the right places on the cue. he helped me hit a cue ball and break the balls. Smiling, I thought, 'Maybe I should go out with a guy who's a little older.'

I began to get a little woozy. Looking at the table, I saw more than two beers on the table. How many beers had I had?

Joe's P.O.V.

Ditching Nick in the music store, I checked the time on my watch. After midnight. I was surprised that my mom hadn't called and asked us to come back home. Walking around, I found myself at a pool hall. Looking into the pool hall, I saw a blonde girl who looked a lot like Taylor.

Wait...That was Taylor! I stopped near the front door. Taylor was clinging onto some guy that I've never seen before. She looked drunk. Rushing into the pool hall, I was beyond worried about Taylor. She has never drank before in her life. So why now?

Going up to Taylor and this guy, I looked over at the table. There were 5 or 6 beers on the table. Taylor began making out with the guy. I tapped on her shoulder. She ignored me and continued making out with him.

"Taylor come on." I demanded. The guy pulled away from Taylor. Taylor turned around and they both looked at me.

"Ohhhhhhh hey." Taylor said while giggling. I yanked on Taylor's wrist. The guy wrapped his arm around Taylor so she wouldn't come towards me. I let go of her wrist.

"C'mon Taylor let's get out of here." he said. Taylor giggled then began to walk off with him.

"She's not going anywhere with you." I said. They stopped then turned back around.

"Taylor take a seat." he demanded.

"Okayyyyyyyy." Taylor giggled while going over to the table and taking her seat.

"Who do you think you are kid?" he asked rudely.

"I'm Joe, who do you think you are?" I asked while pushing him. He rolled his eyes then socked me in the face.

"Sam." he replied with a smirk while I fell to the floor. Sam began to walk back over to Taylor. Getting up off the floor, I went over to Sam. I pushed Sam out of the way and he landed on a pool table nearby.

"Why you little." Sam said. Ignoring him, I rushed over to Taylor.

"Taylor c'mon we need to go." I said quickly. Taylor stared at me with a blank face then asked, "Sam?"

"No it's Joe. Now we need to go. Hurry." I demanded. I helped Taylor out of her seat. Glancing back, Sam was struggling to get off the pool table. Taylor kept fumbling around. Quickly, I tried to rush her out of the pool hall.

"No...No...Not without Sam." Taylor whined. Rolling my eyes, I shook my head. She was too drunk to realize what Sam was doing.

"Sam is using you Taylor." I said. Looking back at Sam, he just shook his head and mouthed: 'I'll get you next time.' Looking back forward, I had to help Taylor get out of this pool hall. We went through the doorway. Taylor dropped her satchel.

Picking up her satchel, I asked, "Where's your car?"

"By the coffee shop." she said sleepily. Taylor fumbled around while we walked to the coffee shop. We reached the parking lot of the coffee shop. Taylor's car was the only one in the lot. Opening her satchel, I dug around for her car keys. Taking them out, I unlocked Taylor's car. Taylor fumbled into the passenger seat of the car, and I got in the dirver's seat.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"Taylor, we're going to your house." I said while backing out. 

Pulling up to Taylor's house, I helped her out of her car. Opening the front door, I closed it behind us then helped her up the stairs. Putting Taylor in her bed, I put the covers over her. She was already half asleep.

"Goodnight Taylor." I said then quickly kissed the top of her forehead. Putting her satchel back on the side of her bed, I then quickly left her room. Rushing down the stairs, I quickly closed the door behind me.

Walking off her porch, I looked around. My house wasn't that far from here. Beginning to walk home, I took my time. I was already late anyways.

-----------------------------------

Walking into my house, it was a little after 1 a.m. Nick was on the couch. He turned and looked at me. He had a confused facial expression.

"What are you doing up?" I asked.

"More like why did you leave me alone downtown?" he asked. Rolling my eyes, I began walking to my room.

"Seriously Joe, where were you?" Nick asked.

"Just helping a friend." I admitted.

"Who?" Nick asked while following me.

"I'm tired. I'm going to bed," I said a little sleepy.

"Ugh. Forget it." Nick whined.

"Just go whine about Selena." I laughed. Nick stormed off back into the living room. Closing my bedroom door behind me, I crawled into my bed and began to fall asleep. "Goodnight Taylor." I said softly.