Chapter 1: Selena's House

Taylor's P.O.V.

Throwing my cover off of myself, I sat up in my bed. Taking my phone off my nightstand, I clicked the home key. No texts. It had been 2 days since Christmas and Selena still hasn't texted me. Groaning, I couldn't believe her.

I mean, I know it's Christmas and it's all about family. But it's been 2 days for crying out loud! She needed to text me. Like now! Setting my phone back on the nightstand, I got up out of my bed then walked over to my closet.

Staring at myself in my full length mirror on my closet door, I had a terrible bed head. I used my hands to try and straighten the rat's nest out of my hair. Attempting to the best of my abilities, I tried to smooth my hair out. Didn't work. Oh well, I'll brush it later.

Opening my closet door, I searched through my closet. 'What to wear? What to wear?' I thought. Looking through my closet, I couldn't decide what to wear. I knew I got a whole new wardrobe for Christmas, but it still felt like I had nothing to wear.

Angrily, I walked over to my bed and sat down. Sitting down Indian style, I put my hand under my chin. I stared at my clothes. My door began to open, and my eyes immediately shifted over to my door. My mom walked into the room.

"Taylor? What are you doing up so early?" she asked curiously.

"It's not that early." I argued. My mom walked over to my bed and sat down next to me. She stared at my clothes.

"Trying to figure out what to wear?" she asked. Sighing, I nodded. My mom got up from my bed.

"Well you have a lot of clothes to choose from." she said. I nodded in agreement.

"Thank you for all the clothes for Christmas." I said while getting up to hug my mom. Hugging her, my mom then let go of me.

"Have you heard from Selena yet?" she asked. I shook my head.

"Well I hope you hear from her soon." my mom said. Sighing, I nodded in agreement. My mom then left my room. I looked back at my closet. Falling onto my bed, I landed on my back and looked up at the ceiling. My phone went off.

Immediately, I perked up and crawled on my bed over to my nightstand. Quickly, I grabbed my phone then sat in a comfortable position and opened the text.

Ryan: Does anyone know if the rumour is true?

'Rumor? What rumor was he talking about?' I thought. I read more of the text.

Ryan: Is it true that Selena ran off to Paris to live with Justin?

My heart dropped. Selena wouldn't do that. I checked the mass text. It had tons of responses. One was from Chaz.

Chaz: I know Justin went to Paris. But I'm pretty sure that Selena went with him.

The rest of the responses all assumed that she had ran off to Paris with him. Throwing my phone onto my nightstand, I then buried my face into my pillow. I positioned my body so I would be laying on my stomach.

Beginning to cry, I knew I was supposed to be over Justin by now; but I wasn't. I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss that we had back at my Hollywood party. That was months ago, but still. Not a day went by that I didn't think about it. I cried more.

I was somewhat mad at Selena. How could she not tell me? And how could she run away? I knew she would run away for Justin, but still. If it was me, I would run away too. But that's not the point here. Crying louder, I felt my heart breaking.

"I should have never set them up! Then I could have him all to myself!" I cried into my pillow. Rubbing my eyes in my pillow, I then sat up. 'Wait they said it was just a rumor, right?' I thought. Immediately, I wiped the rest of the tears that were on my face.

Justin had moved away, which broke my heart. But it hurt knowing that my best friend went with him. No. She wouldn't go. I had to kill this rumor. And the only way to do it was to go to Selena's house and prove that she was there.

Getting up from my bed, I went over to my closet. I just had to go to Selena's house; now. I threw on a pink patterned dress, a blue cardigan and a nude pair of sandals. Then I put a floral headband in my hair. I then looked at myself in the mirror.

'Ugh my hair.' I thought. Brushing my hair, I took the headband out. I ended up pulling my hair into a sleek ponytail, then but the headband back on. Grabbing my black satchel; that was on the side of my bed; I then went over to my nightstand.

At my nightstand, I grabbed my phone, then threw it in my satchel. Then I grabbed a small box off my nightstand, then threw it into my satchel. I had a reason to go to Selena's house anyways. Going down the stairs, I kept convincing myself this was a rumor. But part of me felt like it wasn't.

Taking the keys out of the bowl by the door, I heard the page of a magazine turn from the living room.

"Taylor?" my mom asked. Immediately, I stopped by the front door.

"Yes?" I asked while walking over to the couch.

"Where do you think we're going?" my mom asked.

"Just to Selena's to drop off her Christmas present." I said. My mom nodded. Quickly, I left my house and got in my car and began to drive.

------------------------------------------------

Pulling up into the driveway, I was at Selena's house. Walking onto the porch I nervously knocked on the door. Patiently, I waited for someone to come and answer the door. The door opened, revealing Selena's mom.

"Oh hey Mandy. Is Selena home?" I asked kindly.

"No sorry Taylor. Selena won't be home for awhile." she said.

"Oh when is she coming back?" I asked. Mandy sighed.

"Taylor, she went to Paris. She didn't tell you?" she asked. Shaking my head, I sighed. I pulled out the present I had for Selena from my satchel and handed it to her.

"Just give this to her when she gets back." I said. Mandy took the present then closed the door. 'Great the rumors were true.' I thought while walking back to my car.