Chapter 14 - The Kiss

Last time on Night Fall

"You're really beautiful", Toby said. "You know that"?

I screwed up my face. "Yeah, yeah". But secretly I'm pleased.

"No, I'm serious". 

His fingers trail down the side of my face, his nails lightly scraped at my cheekbones. I closed my eyes.....

*************************

I closed my eyes.

And then he kisses me. Yes, the sexiest vampire, the one who hated me to death, leans in and presses his lips against mine. This kiss is soft. Gentle. Light. Like a butterfly's wing whisking my lips. I know it sounds weird, but it's like a worshipful caress. I sigh a bit as tingly sensations burst from my fingers,my toes - all over my body. I kiss him back, hesitantly at first and then with more assurance.

Toby is the master kisser, nothing like the akward fumbling boys I've dated in the past. The ones more interested in the technical workings of my bra. The ones who see the mouth only as an obligatory precursor to getting me to take off my clothes.

But Toby seems only content just to kiss me. To explore my mouth with his own. His tongue telling a thousand stories, mine delighted in a thousand tastes.

Then he pulled away, to soon for my liking. His cheeks were slightly pink and my face was probably the same.

"We need to get back to the mansion", he said. I nodded. I was actually scared shitless. Not because Thomas might show up to kill me. But I'm scared up Dj. She is going to kill me. If I had to choose on who had to kill me, I'd pick Thomas in a HEARTBEAT!

I grabbed my bag and me and Toby walked out into the hall, not bothering to lock the door. Toby wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we left the building. It was pourind down rain outside. A black Jaguar was parked in front of us.

Toby opened the passenger door and I slid into the seat. I watched as Toby walked over to the driver side. He immediatly took my hand in his and started the engine. Soon we were driving down the road. 

 As soon as we were parked in front of the mansion, A man came running towards us. Toby and I get out of the car. The man, Michael I think his name was, made it to us. 

"What's wrong", Toby asked. Michael held up a finger, signaling him to wait so he could catch his breath.

"Dj", he panted. "She's dead".