EDITING DISCLAIMER: PLEASE READ

I realllllly didn't want to have to do this, but here goes, because clearly my numerous, multiple, MORE THAN FOUR warnings and indications of PLOT HOLES and MISSING OR INACCURATE INFORMATION were not heeded the multiple times I've been posting them at the end of chapters.

Listen well.

First of all, I've stated several times that this novel is a) still a work in progress and b) in severe need of editing. When I revamped the plot in the middle of last year, I made a series of notes as to elements of this story and its characters that will change as a result of this. I specifically stated that FUNDAMENTAL ASPECTS of the characters would change.

Secondly, when I did start editing, I only got a couple chapters in before it became difficult for me as an author to link the dots together between the opening chapters and the most recently written ones. It got very confusing and taxing on my end. On advice of my trusted friend and advisor (@joymoment), I decided to halt on editing until I've finished the novel in its entirety.

SO FOR THE LAST TIME, (geez, I hate being this hostile, but it's quite frustrating and annoying) I KNOW  things seem a bit mucky right now, so lemme clear them up:

1. I'm well aware that Puerto Ricans aren't illegal in the United States (I may be from the Caribbean, but I assure you I didn't get my grade one in Caribbean Studies for nothing). They're considered US citizens.

Plot Hole Explained: I made the decision to switch Felipe's nationality from solely Puerto Rican to Cuban-Puerto Rican. His father was Puerto Rican, his mother Cuban, and he was born in HAVANA, CUBA. At the time of his arrival in the States, he and his mother came in as illegal immigrants.

2. Mr. Joseph (Eileen and Will and Jon's biological father, deceased).

Plot Hole Explained: Originally, Mr. Joseph would have died around the time Eileen fell pregnant with Ryder's older brother, Nicolas, due to a heart attack. HOWEVER, after the plot revamp, I decided Mr. Joseph would have passed away around 5 years prior to the events of this story, specifically because I wanted to enrich the relationship between the Daniels and the Josephs (hence Emma and the marshmallow nickname).

3. Dominic. Emma's ex-boyfriend. The breakup was messy. She wants nothing to do with him. He's repentant and apologetic. That's all you need to know for now.

I really hope this cleared up any more of these repetitive comments I've had to respond to lately. Sorry for the salt.

Yours truly,

A highly annoyed McKenzie.