4

The three of them didn't know anything about what was going on, and they were going to wish they never find out. Maybe everything that's happened to Stiles has been a part of something bigger. A part of something that no one in Beacon Hills has ever experienced. A part of something... dangerous.

______________________________________________________

That night, after Scott went home, Derek was able to change Stiles back to his regular human form. Eventually, Stiles will be able to turn from human to fox and fox to human on his own. It just takes time and practice. They had gone through that during their night together. Derek talking about his mother and how she could shift into a full wolf and told him he would be able to do it too eventually. But no good things last forever, as Derek had to return Stiles to his own home before it got too late.

"Derek?" Stiles said quietly as they stood at the Stilinski's front door. He was looking down at their hands, which were clasped together.

"Yeah?"

Stiles took a deep breath in, "You'll still love me even if I'm a stupid Werefox, right?" He hesitated, rubbing Derek's hand with his thumb.

Derek frowned and then moved one hand up to grab his chin gently, making him look into his eyes, "Stiles, I will always love you. That's not going to change." He kissed his cheek, "Ever."

Stiles smiled softly and then pulled him into a hug before opening the door, "Best date ever." He exclaimed as he walked in, still looking at Derek. He expected his dad to be on the couch, which he was.

Noah looked up from the television and then looked over at the clock, "You're late." He said before crossing his arms.

"By like five minutes, dad. Calm down." Stiles muttered with a small huff and then turned around to kiss Derek goodbye.

"Try two hours, Stiles." He clipped as he stood up, "He can go now, Stiles." Noah looked at Derek with a warning glare, which was returned by a blank stare.

Stiles sighed and turned to his dad, "Okay." He turned back to Derek and rolled his eyes, giving his boyfriend a small smile.

"Now. Stiles." Noah took a couple steps forward before one of his hands moved down to his gun, just resting there. The smile on Stiles' face dropped.

Derek could smell the anger that was radiating off of Stiles' body. The chemosignals. "Okay!" Stiles growled and his eyes turned a deep orange.

Noah's own blue ones widened and then turned into a sharp glare as he looked at Derek, taking his gun out of the hollister, "You bit my son?"

"Mr. Stilin-"

"I don't care!" Noah yelled and pointed the gun up at him, "Leave now, or you'll be crawling out. Better yet, you'll be wheeled out in a body bag."

Stiles quickly moved in front of Derek, making Noah aim in a different spot, never wanting to aim his gun at Stiles, "Dad, do you not realize that I was dying? I could literally feel my life slowly slipping away and I felt..." He cleared his throat, "I felt like maybe it was the best thing to happen. I'm a burden on all of you. You have to worry about me all the time and it's not fair for you."

"Stiles, don't-" Noah started before Stiles interrupted him.

"No, dad. I was dying. There was one night I forgot where I was and guess where I was?" He didn't really give anyone time to guess before answering it himself, "My own room." Tears were threatening to fall, hating that he had to say this, "I was in my own room and I didn't know where I was. If Derek didn't give me the bite, I would be dead. Do you understand? So don't get mad at him because of me!"