12

It wasn't until the door slammed closed when Stiles lifted his head, staring at where the other foxes had once been as he clutched his stomach. He heard a small groan from behind him, making him turn quickly, "Derek? Derek, come on." Adrenaline filled his body, no longer worrying about his own wounds as he moved Derek onto his back, "Oh, god. Please don't die, Derek. Please."

______________________________________________________

Deep cuts ran from Derek's chest down to his stomach, along with a few smaller ones scattered across his body. He could tell that they had rubbed something into his wounds, but he had no idea what it could have been, he was guessing wolfsbane though. His hands scrambled down to his phone, fingers just barely being able to press Scott's contact. He wasn't sure if he should call him after not telling him what happened, but he had to do something, he couldn't just let Derek die.

Stiles didn't take too much longer to contemplate whether or not to call before the phone was dialing and then Scott picked up, "Scott! Scott. Wait- I can explain but-" He kept interrupting him, not letting him get a single word in, he looked at Derek, "Scott, I think Derek's dying. No, no, I didn't- No! Scott, please, I just... I need help." He pressed his hand against Derek's cheek, gently running his thumb along his cheekbone, "Yeah, we're at his place. Okay, see you."

He tossed his phone aside, focusing his attention back on Derek. With the amount of times everyone has almost died, Stiles should be used to it, but he never was and he wasn't sure he ever would be, especially Derek. He closed his eyes, trying to listen to his heartbeat, it was slow, slower than he would like it to be.

It wasn't too long until the door of Derek's loft was sliding open and Scott was there, "Stiles!" He said as he ran over, looking Derek up and down, "What happened, Stiles?"

Stiles opened his eyes but didn't move them off of Derek, "I know what it looks like, but... it wasn't me, okay? I-" He sighed, finally looking over at Scott, "I didn't do this." He could tell that Scott was listening to his heartbeat, trying to see if he was lying or not, and when he realized that he wasn't lying, he just nodded.

"Okay. I believe you, now tell me what happened."

He shook his head, eyes moving back to Derek, "I-I don't... I don't know." Stiles ran his fingers over the wounds gently, "I was at the hospital. I wanted to see if there had been anyone with claw marks and weird animal bites that had come through just in case." It wasn't a complete lie, he had checked, he just happened to not mention his dad. He wondered if Melissa had told Scott anything, or if she was too busy working.

Scott moved a bit so he could get Stiles to look at him, "And?"

"No. No one was hurt. No one else was hurt." Stiles kept both hands on Derek, looking up at Scott, "I tried calling him the minute I left the hospital, but he never answered. I kept trying the whole way here. I... I found him like this." He didn't know if now was the right time to tell Scott about Azaria and the others. He didn't even know if he would believe him or not, especially after what Deaton had told them the other day about Werefoxes.

He nodded, waiting for him to continue but he didn't, "Stiles. If you saw who did this, you can tell me. You can trust me." He reached out and put his hand on his best friend's shoulder, "I-" It wasn't until just now that he noticed Stiles' ripped shirt, thinking the blood had just been Derek's before, "Woah, dude, are you okay? Did you get hurt?"

Stiles tensed a bit, almost forgetting that he was actually hurt. He looked down and then back at Scott, "I'm fine. It's not that bad." He clenched his jaw, "Can we please just get him to Deaton?" Scott nodded, helping lift Derek to his feet. They struggled, as Derek was completely out of it, but they managed to get him out of the building and into Stiles' jeep.