1

Stiles looked down at his hands as Derek stood in front of him, "You know I can do something?" Derek said as he had his hand rested on his thigh, "If it gets worse I'll do something."

"Derek, I don't want the bite." Stiles said as he frowned, looking up at Derek. "Obviously I was made to die, not to be saved by some supernatural bite."

"Please don't say that. I can't do this without you, Stiles." Derek said as he faced away from him, "I have to do something."

Stiles pulled Derek into a hug and kissed his cheek, "If it gets worse, and I'm talking about headaches non-stop, coughing blood, that kind of worse, then you can bite me."

"You're acting as though I want to bite you. And trust me I don't, but if it's to save you, I will." Derek said as he just continued to hug Stiles, not wanting to let go.

Eventually, Derek was forced out of the room so Stiles could take his MRI. Derek stayed right outside the door, staring as he waited for Stiles to come out. After about 40 minutes, maybe an hour, Stiles stepped out of the room and looked at Derek, "Did you have to sit on the floor?"

"I had to be right in front of the door so I could see you when you came out." Derek said as he stood up and went to hug Stiles.

He just hugged him back and kissed his cheek, "Derek. They said that the infected part in my brain is growing larger." Stiles said with a frown. "There's no cure."

"Yes, there is." Derek said as he squeezed Stiles harder, "The bite." He pulled away and looked at Stiles with a frown, "I have to."

Stiles closed his eyes and sighed, "I know. Not right now, wait until they release me to go home."

"Stiles, what if they don't let you go? You're sick and getting worse." Derek said as he held onto his hand.

"I know they'll release me because It's what they did with my mom. They knew she was going to die so they let her come home so we could spend time with her." Stiles looked at Derek, with a frown.

Derek just nodded, "You don't understand this, Stiles. You c-"

"I know Derek. I could die from the bite." He chuckled slightly, "I'm already dying."

"Please, don't say that." Derek said as he pulled him in for another hug, "Don't make this into a joke."

Stiles hugged him back and closed his eyes, "It's kind of what I do, Derek. Turn bad things into a joke to mask how difficult it is to handle."

"Not this time, please. This is really hard for me." Derek said as he pulled away, the doctor coming out of the room after talking to Stiles' dad.

"So, Stiles, we've decided to let you go for the time being. If anything get's worse, or you experience new symptoms, come straight back." The doctor said as he smiled at everyone.

Stiles just nodded, "Will do, Doc." He sighed in relief and walked back to his assigned room, wanting to change. When he got there, both Derek and his dad followed him in. Which made him turn his head slightly, "You realize I'm about to change?"

Noah nodded and stepped back out, but Derek stayed, "Derek, do I have to remind you that I have a gun right on my hip?"

Derek looked at Stiles who was just smiling and then stepped outside, "Sorry, Mr. Stilinski."

Stiles laughed slightly and started changing. After he was done he walked out and looked at the two, "No one had to shoot anyone did they?" He looked at his dad.

"Not this time." Noah said as he looked at Derek, with a loving yet challenging look.

"Not ever, hopefully." Derek said as he looked at Stiles and then to Noah.