page six

Tanya's coming over at 1 so Seb is making Wyatt and I leave at 12, so that he can get ready in peace.

We all knew what "getting ready" meant.

I applied falsies and mascara after slightly filling in my eyebrows, this was my version of natural.

"Does this look okay?" I turn to Wyatt who's sitting on the beanbag chair in the corner of my room, staring at me in awe.

"Hello?" I snap him out of his daze as he fake drools.

"Oh um yeah it's okay I guess" he acts nonchalant.

Are you sure I feel like the black skirt takes the attention off of my cleavage" I joke

"Trust me, it doesn't" he says back in a manner which made it impossible for me to tell if he was joking or not.

We've always had this kind of friendship where Wyatt could pretty much make out with me during spin the bottle and neither of us would have to worry about if it meant anything to the other person because we both knew it didn't.

But lately, lately I don't know, he's been acting different, I try not to worry, I just can't help it.

It would be so incredibly awkward if I had to break his heart, we live in the same house for god sake.

"Now are you really?" He asks for the third time in 2 minutes, worse than a kid.

"I sure am" I say throwing my hair into a quick ponytail.

Once we're in the car I finally come to a realization.

"Where are we even going?" I ask as Wyatt carefully back out of the driveway.

"Um, I'm not really sure" He laughs, only barley loud enough to hear over the radio, it wasn't loud but he wasn't either.

"You hungry?" I ask, attempting to make some kind of plan.

"Sometimes I question if you even know me." He says before adding "of course I'm fucking hungry" causing us both to laugh.

"Okay, you get to choose" he tells me.

"Hmmmm, Mc D's?"

"Mc yes please" his teeth glistening in the sun light.

We stare into each others eyes while laughing and for a moment, I swear, just for a second, I felt something. A spark. But before I could figure out what it was the sound of a car horn filled my ears.

"Shit" he says realizing the light which we were stopped at had turned green.

His hazel eyes turned orange in the direct sunlight. With scrapes and dips of brown.

The way his nose curved up slightly at the tip from his side profile was once something that I had ignored for years but now, is so very interesting.

His lips were perfectly proportional to the rest of his sculpted face, the lower one slightly pouting when he had on a straight face.

Tiny dimples only the carefullest eyes could see would appear when he smiled or laughed.

The way his hair blew and fluffed in the wind escaping through the windows, the way his hand gripped the wheel, the way the other hand held onto the frame of the window, the way his pupils changed when he looked at me, everything, everything was so god dam perfect.

I shook my head slightly, every last thought of Wyatt disappearing in an instant.

"Lenna?" He asked nudging my elbow.

How the fuck are we already in the drive through? I must've been thinking longer than I anticipated.

"I'll just have a large fry and a medium coke" I lean over his lap and half yell into the microphone thing.

Soon enough we were roaming the streets of Los Angeles, laughing so hard people thought we were intoxicated.

Wyatt had that effect on me, he always has.

Once we find our way down the unfamiliar streets and back to the car it's nearly 3:00pm.

Tanya has probably left our house screaming realizing how much of a weirdo Sebastian is by now. So we start to head home.

"Ahem" Wyatt clears his throat after turning down the radio.

"I had fun today" he avoids eye contact, smiling awkwardly.

"Me too" I turn towards him, he glances over at me quickly before looking back at the road, it was clear he was holding back.

"What are you thinking about" I squint my eyes and slightly tilt my head, almost as if I were a puppy.

"Just, considering things" he chooses his words carefully.

"Like what?" I ask, having a good idea of what he was considering.

"Lots" He says plainly as he pulls in to the drive way.

"Tell me" I laugh while taking off my seat belt and turning my whole body towards him.

There were no cars in the driveway meaning Tanya had left, just as I expected.

"I can't tell you, it's not something you can tell" he smirks to himself while taking off his seat belt and turning to face me, just as I had done seconds before.

"Then show me" I join him smirking.

"It's not that simple" his breaths were heavy and shaky.

"Alright fine" I say opening my door, he pulls me back towards him just as I was about to get out, causing my door to close.

"Okay I'll do it" he says, over powering his nervousness.

He slowly places his hand on the nape of my neck, pulling my face towards his, our foreheads touch.

I stared into his eyes as he chewed gently on his bottom lip.

I close my eyes signalling I was ready for him to kiss me.

I felt his warm breath hitch moments before our lips made contact.

His lips were soft, gentle, and full of passion. It just didn't feel right.

We've kissed before at stupid parties during spin the bottle, but we've never actually kissed just for the sake of kissing.

Soon he pulled away and we looked at each other unsatisfied.

We both shook our heads and said in unison "I'm so sorry" we laugh and agree to 1. Keep it between us and 2. Never do that again.

Hopefully things aren't awkward between us because nothing could replace the friendship I have with these boys.