page three

"Thanks for letting me in....dink wad" Wyatt towers over me.

"No problem....Wye-Guy" I run away squealing, sounding slightly like a pig. I knew he hated being called that more than anything.

"Hey, you get back here you little shit" Wyatt's legs were much longer than mine, automatically making his strides longer too.

I sprint as fast as I can, sliding into the bathroom I slam the door shut.

What had to have been a millisecond before I locked the door, Wyatt swung it open, slamming we into the wall.

"Got you now, don't I?" He laughs evilly as I sit limply on the ground holding my head.

"Wait, are you okay?" He sounds genuinely concerned.

"I don't know, I smacked my head off the wall, now it really hurts" I complain.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry Lenna, I didn't mean for this to happen" He crouches down beside me, rubbing gentle circles on my back with his hand.

"I know you didn't, it's okay don't worry" I say, smiling. I stand up slowly, still playing the part.

While Wyatt was still crouching I make a run for it. I head back towards the kitchen because I know that's where Seb is.

"You little bugger, you tricked me" he laughed while jogging after me.

"Sebby help me!" I yell, making him turn towards me just in time for me to jump onto him dramatically. This was pretty much our everyday lives.

"You scared me. I thought I actually hurt you" Wyatt tells me as he sits down on a white swivel chair at the bar table.

"I'm sorry, but I had to get away" I laugh climbing off of Seb and walking towards Wyatt.

"I forgive you" He sighs, holding back his laughter.

"Oh thank god, I don't know what I would have done without your forgiveness" I wipe imaginary sweat off my forehead like they do in the soap opera's and lean against the grey and white marble countertop, causing all of us to laugh.

"But on a serious note. What are we doing this weekend?" Seb asks after a few minutes of silence while stabbing his fork into his bowl of salad. He was leaning against the counter too.

"I don't know, I mean I'm down for anything" I shrug while using my nails to steal a piece of lettuce out of his bowl, then open the fridge.

"You think there's any parties?" Wyatt asks as I grab a bottle of water from the top shelf of the fridge, which by the way, I have to go on my damn tippy toes to reach.

"I'll ask around" Seb says before pulling his phone out of the pocket of his grey sweatpants.

"Could you pass me a water too?" Wyatt smiles.

"Oh, yeah of course!" I say before doing exactly that.

"Thanks, you're a doll"

"A doll?" I laugh.

"You've never heard that saying before?" He questions while giggling.

"Well I have, I guess I just never like thought about it until now" I point out.

"Oh" Wyatt gulps down a third of his water.

Seb locks his phone before informing us of what he found.

"There's 2 parties, one on Saturday, one on Sunday" he says, his mouth half full of salad.

"Who's hosting?" I ask.

"Kenny, the guy that flooded the bathrooms last year is hosting the one on Saturday. And Steph, the girl that almost overdosed on benzos sophomore year is hosting the one on Sunday" He laughs remembering those times.

Seb and I are in the same grade and Wyatt is a grade above but I dropped out last year when me and Seb were juniors and Wyatt was a senior.

"Both sound a little sketchy, don't you think?" I say after swallowing some water.

"We know Kenny, he's on our football team, he's a good guy, he got framed for that whole bathroom thing" Wyatt tells me.

Wyatt's doing this thing where he plays for our football team even though he already graduated, I guess he wasn't ready to let go just yet.

"Oh yeah, Kenny is on our football team. Number 35 right?" Seb asks, testing his memory.

"Yeah, I think so" Wyatt says furrowing his eyebrows just a tad.

"So Kenny's party it is? Saturday night?" I ask them as I finish my water.

"Yeah!" They say in unison.

"Yay" I cheer.

Hmmm... a party?