Chapter 14

Dipper doubted he had ever taken such long walk through the woods of Gravity Falls. And if he ever had, then he'd never payed enough attention to it. Things were much clearer, yet much more complicated than they were before. There no longer was a mystery in the air, or the sensation that there was so much more than his eyes could see. Somehow, the truth had ruined everything for him. 

He couldn't say he was so surprised, but he was. He knew he was possible of much more things he imagined, though his mind never thought it would reach that point. He had learned the truth about his dreams, his nightmares, and everything that had hunt him for so long. But with it, he had also learned he had never known himself. 

The boy had always trusted Mabel to run to her in times of need, although, in that exact moment, he couldn't run to her, and ask her to hug him, and say everything was going to be ok. He simply couldn't, and something inside him was screaming that things would take too long to ever be fine again. 

So, he did what he had also learned in the past few months. After one hour of walking silently, and lonely, with only the sound of birds, maybe some creatures, and the wind hitting the tall trees showing no mercy, he found the courage to grab his phone, and call the number he had almost memorized in the past few weeks. 

"Oh my God, this took way too long, are you trying to murder me?" The voice on the other side said, probably more desperately than he wished, or planned in sounding. Wirt couldn't lie though, he had been waiting for that call for hours, and his curiosity was near to kill him. It didn't take him long to realize Dipper was way too quiet for, well, Dipper standards, so he kept on speaking, but carefully, and even hesitantly, "What happened? Are you ok?" 

"It's  too fucking messed up," the boy finally answered, in a quiet whisper. 

"Are you going to tell me? Is it really that bad?" 

"We were wrong, and right. Both at the same time, it's... It's terrible, really" 

"Oh, come on, you're starting to worry me" 

"Sorry..." 

"Can you tell me?" 

"Yes, I just... I just think I don't want to say it through the phone, you know? It sounds way too weird, and it's kind of fucking my mind up. I can't say it in a call" 

"Are you coming back home?" 

"Uh, yeah. I guess. I don't think I feel that comfortable around here anymore. At least I won't be for a long time," Dipper sighed. 

"Then come home," Wirt reassured, "Come, make yourself some coffee, sit on your bed, and tell me everything" 

"I think I need a hug," he kept on speaking, "I feel like a four years old. Like, you know?" 

"Not really" 

"It's like... I felt I used to know everything, but then I realized I don't know shit. I feel like a dumb four years old, who can barely write their own name" 

"Get on that bus, and come back, ok? I can't hug you through a phone, if that's what you want," Wirt made a pause, "Well, I can't hug you through a wall either, but you get my point, don't you?" 

"Yeah," he giggled a little. "I guess I need to be back to my apartment, anyways. I always thought I didn't like that place that much, and was actually willing to move out as soon as I could, but thinking about it now, it's my place. I can't be bothered, annoyed, or anything in there" 

"Oh, yes, these apartments suck, but they make us feel like home, and like we're safe, right? Just as hiding under the blanket when you think there are monsters in your bedroom. Stupid, useless thing, if there are monsters, they are going to get you anyways, but the blanket make us feel invisible and safe" 

"You know, nothing you say makes much sense," Dipper whispered, giggling even more now, "I kind of like that" 

"Ah. That's good to know," Wirt smiled on the other side of the line. 

"I have to go now. Get on a bus, and try to sleep a little. I feel like I haven't slept in ages" 

"You probably haven't," the boy commented, "Bye!" 

"Bye" 

"And, uh, hey. I don't know what it is that you found out, but don't get too worried about it. I'm sure it will be fine at the end, right?" 

"Is that a statement or a question?" 

"Both," Wirt giggled awkwardly, "Bye" 

***********

MAN I HAVEN'T UPDATED THIS IN FOREVER ?????? I AM SO SORRY PLS DON'T GIVE UP ON ME AAAAAAAA, plus, I'm getting so near to the end of this fanfic, and I don't it to!!!!! PLUS, I'm doing a, "Meet my characters" book, would you guys read it? Even if it's just to give me feedback about them?

School was back today, and like, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but meh. 

HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT AAAAAAA <3