Chapter 4

"She had this ugly frog face, it was kind of scary actually. Then she started complaining about how we never have the book she wants to read, but that book doesn't even exist," Wirt laughed. He was very aware of how he should be sleeping, it was almost midnight, and the other day would still follow the waking-up-early routine, but he was attempting to ignore time, and keep on talking.

"Oh, man," the person on the other side of the wall replied, giggling, "I feel so sorry for you. I get how some customers can be super annoying"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Every single summer I would travel to my grunkle's house, and I had to work in his store"

"That doesn't sound so bad"

"You didn't have to deal with the customers I had, though I'm sure they're all equally bad, aren't they?"

"Absolutely," Wirt answered shaking his head in agreement.

"Uh, let me ask you something. When do you wake up?"

"At six, why? Did the alarm wake you up? I'm sorry"

"Not even my alarm wakes me up, don't worry. It's just that, well, since you wake up so early, then I shouldn't keep on bothering you till late"

"You don't really bother me, y'know. I like talking to you... It's funny," after a few moments of an awkward silence, Wirt took notice that he should probably change subject, and keep the conversation alive, "Anyways, how is your sleep going?"

"Oh, it's fine. Actually, I wait until my body can't take it anymore, then I just shut down. You can't have nightmares when you're like that"

"That's so not the way to do it, it's the most unhealthy thing I've ever heard in my life"

"Sleeping less than eight hours per night is also unhealthy, and you're doing it anyways, right?"

"Shit, you're smart," Wirt laughed, "Yeah, I guess you're right. Still, you can't do that to yourself"

"Sure I can't, but that doesn't mean I won't"

"You're going to get yourself killed, or arrested, if you keep thinking like that"

"I'm smart. I don't get killed, or arrested"

"A lot of smart people got killed"

"Not me though," the other kept on giggling, "Anyways, you should go rest. I'm not going to be able to keep on talking all night long"

"Why?" He asked annoyed. Deep down he truly just wanted to remain talking to his neighbor the whole night, and wouldn't even bother to be looking as living-dead on the next day.

"Oh gosh, you really are going to miss me, uh?" Dipper laughed.

"Wha-?"

"I'm joking, don't freak out, please. Uh, my sister is going to visit me, again. I have some stuff that are hers, things I found in the boxes, so she's coming to pick it up"

"Good night, then"

"Night," the neighbor whispered, before standing up and walking away from the wall.

***************************

Dipper never imagined he would find himself thinking those things, but somehow, he wished Mabel would be fast in picking up her things and leaving, then he would have a few more minutes to talk.

"Everything ok?" She asked smiling.

"Sure," after a long pause, and the realization the girl wasn't planning to go away so soon, he decided to talk properly to her, "I had forgot about most of these things"

"I've forgot about some, but not your embarrassing pictures," Mabel laughed while showing him one photo, "Remember your super addicted to Pokemon phase?"

"Burn this thing," he said, jumping to try to catch the picture, though he knew it wouldn't work. She could've not been the most logical human being to ever exist, but she surely was fast.

"No way! I'm going to show it to ~everyone~"

"I'll never forgive you"

"Jesus, Dip, you always say it!" She kept on laughing at him, meanwhile putting the picture on her cat purse. "Hey, those summers were the best, weren't they?"

"Kinda," he shrugged, "I mean, we did have to work for Grunkle Stan, and I had all of those weird dreams, remember?"

"Weird dreams?"

"Gosh, Mabel, how do you forget about it? You know what I'm talking about! I used to have weird dreams with gnomes, uh, vampires, undeads"

"Oooh, sure," she answered shaking her head, laughing nervously, though Dipper wasn't sure if he had made out the laugh part. She just seemed to be too uncomfortable with the mention to the dreams. "Anyway, we should go get some milk-shake, right?"

"Right now?" Dipper asked, glancing at the clock hanging on the wall, "Mabel, it's almost midnight"

"Come on, none of us have classes tomorrow. We can even talk about my crazy-musical-fan phase"

"Don't even begin with that," he laughed, as all the (awful) memories of having Mabel singing a whole musical showed up in his head. When he thought about it, it wasn't quite bad, it was reasonable, and he couldn't lie, he even enjoyed some of the musicals, but at the time, there wasn't a chance he wouldn't be annoyed by the loud sound, principally when trying to study to an important math test. "Well, I guess we can go..."

"I'll sing a musical at you if you don't come with me"

"Ok, ok," he smiled giving up, "Just going to pick up a coat, and be right back. Hold on"

"Sure thing, bro!"

•••••••••••••••
Don't we all love short chapters? Anyways, I've got to say it's not the best in-character thing I've ever done, but I'm working with two headcanons of mine:
Dipper likes watching History Channel, and Mabel is a fan of musicals.
Also, I am thinking of writing a book full of Hamilton One Shots, still not sure about it tho... I just have some ideas :P