Chapter VII: Home.

Start from the beginning

"Bye Raph," (Y/n) called, turning to wave goodbye. She didn't want to face purple masked mutant at this moment. She had to be escorted home? Was this some kind of gentleman code for suicidal women?

Donatello cleared his throat, rubbing his arm as he gave her a small smile. "So," Mumbled the mutant.

"So," (Y/n) shot back, pushing her hair from her sticky warm face, licking her chapped lips. "We should go then." She smoothed out her shirt. Her mind still held the heavy clouds of those depressing thoughts, they were a part of her. They followed her daily. Sure, some days were better than others... but when she was alone, they consumed her. They wrapped around her, squeezing the small amount of life that she held onto out of her. She was being suffocated slowly, and nothing could be done. (Y/n) was not going to get better, she had accepted that years ago. The only reason she hadn't ended it sooner was because of her mother.

Oh, her mother. The woman that had fought against her daughters dark thoughts with her love, before her mind had been cruelly taken by the drugs in her system. She hadn't understood depression, parents never really seemed to understand, but her mom? She had known that all her daughter needed was her love and support. (Y/n) hadn't killed herself because she had known that her mother would be sad and alone. Her mother may have abused her but it wasn't her fault- her boyfriends took advantage of her, taking her money. Ms. (L/n) had changed drastically from the woman she had been years ago, if she had been told that she was one of the main factors that led her daughter to standing on that rooftop with the intention to end her life- she would have never believed it. Her mind was slowly fleeting her, ever since her husband had left her only a few years earlier. With her mind abandoning her came the abuse, all verbal, never physical. Her mother needed someone to vent to, to lash at, (Y/n) just happened to be the victim of said abuse.

And that box, that little rectangular box that seemed to contain Hell upon Earth. (Y/n) called it her mother's Pandora Box, whenever she saw another shipment at the front door, or on the windowsill, she threw it away. She had once destroyed it, but the blue green liquid had burned a hole through the floor, absolutely terrifying the teenager. (Y/n) found it easier to throw it in the trash can, ignoring the cries of the rats and pigeons in these dumps that came into contact with these liquids and seemed to morph. She wasn't sure what this new drug was, but what it did to animals was enough to terrify her. (Y/n) hoped that there wasn't another shipment at home- all she wanted to do was go to sleep stricken with anger and sadness that she had had the confidence to kill herself, and had not managed to. She was not in the mood to deal with her abusive drug addict of a mother.

"Hey, Hey (Y/n)?" Asked Donatello, waving a hand in her face as she was taken from her deep thoughts into reality. She blinked for a moment, looking upward at the mutant. She hadn't noticed how tall he actually was until this moment, he was a giant, a mountain in turtle form.

"Sorry, I was just thinking." (Y/n) smiled apologetically.

"It's fine, I do that all the time." Chuckled the mutant before holding out his elbow for the teenager to take.

(Y/n) raised her eyebrows as she looked upon the face of Donnie and then to his elbow. "Um?"

Donatello's cheeks flushed crimson as he shrugged. "Your legs look like they're about go out so I thought..." His voice faltered as that exact moment (Y/n)'s knees buckled, her hands flying forward to grab his arm. Her face flushed red in embarrassment as she linked her arm with his elbow.

"Thank you- I didn't even notice," Sighed (Y/n), rubbing one of her red cheeks as she willed them to go back to their normal color.

"It's fine. Now, where do you live?" He politely inquired as he started to walk, (Y/n) taking careful steps as she leaned heavily on him. She felt exhausted from the day's events, rubbing the sleep out of her bloodshot eyes. She knew she needed a good night's rest, but knew that it would never arrive. Her mind was so clouded that every night seemed to be the perfect time to contemplate life, school, her abusive mother, all of the emotions that festered inside of her.