xvi

It was raining today. Which rarely ever happens, and when it does it's really inconvenient. I hated getting wet. When the rain started I was on my way to my living quarters but I ended up taking shelter under a large tree. I only needed to wait for the shower to end.

I blew my hair away from my face and rested my head in my hand. Sitting with my back against the trunk my other fiddled with the necklace Poe had given me. That was a week ago. I ended up telling him my story about 'skyflowers' which he seemed to enjoy, and after he told me about his childhood. We ended up talking the whole night and I passed out in his bed. Poe being a gentleman - and an idiot - slept on the floor. His back hurt the next morning.

A few minutes later the rain settled down, and when there was only a mist I smiled and got back to my feet. I quickly walked into the living quarters and headed to the medics section.

I approached my door and was about to swipe my keycard when I noticed that my door was already open. That was not good. I push it open a little too hard and look at my room, my bedsheets were on the floor, my mattress half off the bed. All the drawers in my desk were open and I bolted straight to the top drawer. My file wasn't there. My heart sank. Did Poe break his promise?

"Dr. Lyla Coven." A voice behind me startled me. I turn around and see two high ranking officers of the Resistance.

"That's me." I say with a small voice. They nod politely, at least I think they were being polite.

"General Organa requests your presence."

My voice caught in my throat and all I was able to do was nod. I followed the officers out of my room and across the entire base. The whole way I thought of how Poe could do this. He and Esma were the only ones who knew, and Esma would never do this. I kept my head down to draw the least amount of attention to myself and asked them if we could move quickly. They were a bit confused but picked up our pace anyway.

"Just go right in." One officer ordered me as we approached the entrance to a room. The other officer punches a code into the pad on the wall and the door slides open. I tuck my hair behind my ear and enter, the door closes behind me.

The room was grey like every other building in the base. It was larger than my room, that's for sure, by a lot. The wall consisted of buttons, the use for them I have no idea of, and very large rectangular table in the middle. I believed this is where some meetings were held, but I couldn't be sure due to my lack of knowledge on the inner workings of the Resistance. General Organa rose from the seat closest to me and sent me a smile.

"I believe I have something that belongs to you." She says and holds up my forest green file.

"Did Poe give it to you?" My voice breaks halfway through the question as I cast my gaze to the ground. The General sends me a quizzical look.

"Poe?" She asks as she moves away from the chair and closer to me. "No, he didn't. This file was given to me by a nurse."

My head snaps up towards her.

"A nurse?" The General nods.

"A tall gentleman, by the name of Damien." She says.

"Damien?" I almost whisper, I feel like a weight lifts from my shoulders. Poe didn't break his promise. "That file is my property, he broke into my room and stole it."

General Organa flips through the file and nods.

"I'm not exactly sure what he thought I would do with this information..." She trails off and I take a deep breath.

"I broke the law." I told her. "I'm a felon."

"Honey, my husband is a criminal." The General lets a small laugh escape from her lips. "And faking your age to get into a school barely seems illegal. Although I have to say, I'm confused why you did it."

My hand starts to shake.

"It's not faking my age that is my crime." I never told Poe this. "It's disobeying my father and running away."

I tell General Organa about my father, I show her my scar. She understood completely, apparently there were a lot of people in the Resistance who seek refuge here alone with fighting for the cause.

"I don't understand why you're afraid of this though." The General offers me a seat beside her. I move towards the chair and pull it out as she sits in her owe seat.

"I can't have people know who my father is." I say and let my body relax in the chair. "If word gets out that he knows where I am he'll come find me as soon as he can. Unfortunately, I was... a very valuable asset to getting money..."

The General grows confused. This was something else Poe didn't know, and I didn't plan on telling him. I cross my legs, something I used to do when speaking with men my father brought. It protected me. I placed on hand on my file, I stared at the national symbol of my home planet.

"As I said, I matured physically earlier than a lot of other girls. My father noticed this and..." my voice started to shake as I tried to find the words. "Tried to use me as a way to gain more money... entertainment wise, privately."

The General sits still as a statue, the faintest sign of motion was her jaw clenching. Her hand placed itself on top of mine and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"Believe me," She said. "I know what that's like. Have you ever heard of Jabba the Hut?"

I nodded a bit, recognizing the name. He was a partner of my fathers a long time ago. Before I was born.

"Well let's say I'm familiar with the exploiting." She says and I look down. "But at such a young age like yours..."

I feel tears gathering in my eyes. I didn't want to hear anymore, I didn't want to talk anymore. Apparently General Organa sensed that and she squeezed my hand again. I looked up at her.

"I can have him find me. He'll do anything to get me back, and I can't go back."

"We'll make sure no one finds out about your father." She says and I manage to smile a little. "And I'll find something to do with that Damien, something like this is not tolerated."

My smile grows a bit and The General returns it. We both stand up and she hands me my file. I hug it to my chest, promising myself to hide it in a better place where no one could ever find it.

"You are dismissed, Dr. Coven." The General winks.

"Thank you, General." I have a full blown grin on my face. I nod politely and walk out of the meeting place and straight to my room.

The lock was fixed when I got there, but my room was still a mess. I fixed my bed and my desk and then went to my closet. I opened my underwear drawer and placed my file on the bottom, hopefully no one was perverted enough to look through there.

After that I feel into a dreamless sleep.

Leia with the gold bikini.