v

After the first few initial rounds, it's been about two weeks since I've seen Poe Dameron. A new group just got back from battle and I've been running around operating on everyone. BB-8 has been a great help, I thought about getting myself a helping droid but when I addressed the thought to BB-8, they got upset.

I've sent Esma to check on Poe and so far he's been going according to my schedule. In a few days he should start physiotherapy.

"Good morning, Commander Dameron." I enter his room as I look at my clipboard, trying to read Esma's writing.

However, when I look up I realize he isn't in bed. Before I could wonder I hear the toilet flush in the bathroom. A minute later Poe Dameron walks out, looking a lot better since the last time I saw him.

"Oh," Poe realizes I'm here. "Hey, Stitches."

I place my hands on my hips.

"Why do you call me Stitches?"

Poe shrugs and sits down on his bed.

"I think it's cute."

I roll my eyes and walk over to him.

"I'm here to see how you're progressing." I pull a chair and sit in front of him.

He holds out his arm as if he's already done this before, which he should have with Esma.

"The other doctor likes to flirt." Poe says as I examine the stitches.

"She has a thing for pilots." I say, already know he's talking about Esma. "Make a fist."

He obliges and makes an almost solid fist.

"What about you?" He asks and releases his hand.

"What about me?" I ask and place my hand on the back of his shoulder, slowly bringing his forearm closer.

"Do you like Pilots?" He asks.

"I admire them." I say truthfully as I bring the two parts of his arm to a 90 degree angle.

Poe smiles, before he shouts.

"Ow Ow Ow!!"

I slowly bring his arm back to a rest.

"You're healing surprisingly quickly, I think you can start physiotherapy in a couple days." I say and stand up.

Poe looks up at me.

"Are you the physiotherapist?" He asks insinuatingly.

"No, but he's pretty good." I smile sweetly when he frowns.

"So if I'm healing quickly, how much longer do I have to be here?" Poe asks.

"That'll be up to your physiotherapist, but I do know that we can take your stitches out today." I say and look at his arm.

"Ooo." Poe says and stands up.

I furrow my eyebrows.

"Let's get these stitches out!" Poe seems surprisingly excited.

"Alright...?" I question as I lead him out the room.

I walk down the twisting hallways towards my office. As we approach my door he takes a moment to look at it.

"Dr. Lyla Coven, Surgeon." He reads aloud as I unlock the door and go inside.

Poe follows me and sits on the table as I grab the clippers.

"I'm going to need you to take your shirt off." I say as I turn around, only to find a shirtless Poe Dameron.

I feel my cheeks heat up. Of course I'd seen him shirtless before, but I was more focused on the fact that he was covered in blood. But now here he was, looking like a god, and I was completely taken off guard.

"O-oh, uh, you already did." I stutter before regaining my composure. "Alright."

It was easy removing the stitches on Poe's forearm, because I wasn't distracted by his shirtless body. Around the shoulders it was a little harder, but I kept reminding myself that I was professional and that this was my patient.

"So you're 23?" Poe decides to start a conversation.

Why did he have to?

"Yep." I say.

"That's very young to be a doctor." He states.

"Well 29 isn't exactly ancient." I say.

"Well it's older than 23."

"By six years."

The conversation stopped for a bit as I moved towards his right eyebrow, wanting to postpone his chest as long as possible. Only now I stood pretty close to him.

"Lyla is a pretty name." He says, his eyes looking at mine, but mine on his scar.

I bite the inside of my cheek.

"Where are you from?"

I drop my clippers.

~"LYLA!" The voice called.

I had been playing outside in the flowers, they were so tall and they always faces the sun. My five-year-old self had decided to call them skyflowers. And it would be only later that I found out they were sunflowers. ~

"Woah!" Poe said as his good arm went around my waist to catch me. He pulled me close to prevent me from falling as my knees failed to support me.

I breathed heavily.

I had avoided it for so long. Why now?

With my eyes wide I look at Poe, who had a concerned look on his face. Forcefully, I push myself away from him, my legs barely able to keep my weight. Poe reached out for me but I swatted his hand away and walk shakily towards the intercom, trying to take deep, quiet breaths.

"Dr. Onomula." I take a shaky breath. "I have a patient in my office that needs his stitches removed, I'm leaving."

A few seconds pass.

"It's pretty early to go home," silence. "Alright, Stitches, I'll be right there."

The connection cuts and I take a few breaths to try and stabilize myself. I turn back around only to be met with Poe's chest.

"Lyla, are you okay?" His eyebrows were furrowed and he wore a look of concern.

"I'm going to go lay down, Dr. Onomula will be here, tell her I wasn't feeling well." I stare at him for a second. "Good day."