It Was An Accident

Mulai dari awal

"Spinal shock. The bullet must have penetrated the spinal cord" I shake my head .

"Alright, let's get him to C.T. Everyone clear the room" Alex instructs everyone who is watching.

"Alright, you heard him. Thank you and goodbye" Bailey says waving them away making them walk out of the room. We get Brandon up to C.T. so we can get a clearer look at his internal injuries. Once we finish we go to the waiting room so we can explain to his mom what is going on.

"Brandon's injuries are severe and we're taking him up to surgery right now" Owen explains.

"The bullet hit his spinal cord, so at the moment we are evaluating.." I begin to say before a teenage girl rushes over gaining the moms attention.

"Patty" the girl sniffles, tears running down her face as she approaches Brandon's mom.

"Stacy, are you okay" Patty asks, her voice filled with concern.

"Were you shot at" Peter's mom asks.

"I'm so sorry. I left the room for just a few minutes" Stacy explains.

"Were the boys out front" Peter's mom asks.

"Did they find the person who did it" Brandon's mom sniffles before Stacy looks around the lobby obviously lost for words.

"No. The boys found your gun. They were playing with it" Stacy says to Brandon's mom, Patty.

"Your gun? You have a gun" Peter's mom asks as she wraps Peter closely into her arms.

"Yes, I do. But it's locked" Brandon's mom says. "No, no" she shakes her head in disbelief.

"We were just playing. It went off. Did I kill him" Peter asks, obviously growing upset at the thought that he possibly killed his best friend.

"No, no sweetie. No you didn't" I shake my head.

"Peter, Brandon's alive, okay and we're going to take care of him right now. Alright" Owen says to the now crying little boy. The detectives need to talk to the parents so Owen and I leave to start surgery.

"We don't know that" Owen sighs as we walk down the hallway.

"Know what" I ask.

"You told that kid he didn't kill his friend" Owen says.

"He didn't" I shake my head.

"Except we don't know that. Not yet" Owen sighs as we make it to the O.R. and begin scrubbing in before beginning surgery.

"L1 shattered and left fragments in the spinal canal" I say looking at the CT scans before walking over to the operation table.

"So his mom just had a gun laying around" Alex shakes his head as we operate.

"She said she had it locked up" Owen says.

"The mom should be locked up" I shake my head.

"Well she might be" Alex says

"It could be involuntary manslaughter if..." Owen begins to say before Alex stops him.

"Hunt, don't even say it. It's not going to happen" Alex says looking up at him.