Chapter 32: A New Start

Thalia woke in a bed; she presumed in the big house. She opened an eye, to reveal a shocked looking Percy Jackson. "Thalia?" He asked; in a soft tone. "What's up?" She said causally. Percy narrowed his eyes; "And you call me dumb." Thalia smirked, "You are. I never said I was any smarter though." They laughed; but then the smile faded from Percy's face. "So; what happened?" He asked concerned. Thalia sighed. "Found the traitors." Percy raised an eyebrow; "Traitors? As in multiple?" Thalia clutched the blanket she was under. "Yeah. Two of them." She said flatly. "Oh... Who were they?" He asked curiously. Thalia made a "Tsk." Sound then replied sourly: "Luke and Annabeth." Percy took a sharp inhale. "Thalia... That's-" He was cut off by Nico entering the room.

"Heya Perce. How's Thalia-Oh. She's awake. Good to see you're not dead." He said jokingly; holding a tray of nectar and ambrosia. "Uh... Hey Nico!" Thalia said nervously. "Hiya. How you feeling Thals?" He asked; as he sat down at a vacant seat. "Um... Emotionally or physically?" She asked. "Both." He replied; not knowing why she added the emotional part but rolling with it. "Like I just got trampled by Typhon." She said simply. "Okay I get why physically. That scorpion was from the pits of tartarus. Don't even know how it got here. But why emotionally? Did you hit on it and it rejected you?" He asked with a smile. "Nico." Percy said. "Yeah?" He replied; turning to him. "We found the traitor." He said sadly. "Oh. This is serious then." He said; his smile fading. "Yeah... It was Luke." Thalia said; looking down. "Luke? But he was like; the nicest guy! Why would He-? How did he even-" Percy spared Thalia of giving him the news by saying: "Annabeth helped her. She betrayed us as well." Nico's eyes widened as he looked at him in disbelief. "Dude. Don't joke about that. She's my girlfriend." He said defensive. "I wish he was joking Nico. She used her invisibility cap to steal the weapons without the Gods knowing. And Luke messed up the trail with his flying shoes." She said; chocking back a little. "No... Annabeth wouldn't-She Wouldn't betray the Gods... She wouldn't betray me.." Percy did something no one expected; he pulled Nico into a hug. "It's gonna be okay man. We're here. We'll always be here for you." He said with finality. Nico hugged him back, letting a few tears slip.

A few weeks have passed from that day. Things were still tough for Nico. He had really liked Annabeth. But Thalia was doing much better and was currently talking to Percy while eating popsicles; thanks to the Hermès cabin. "It's not right. Charon won't organize another quest for it." Thalia said. Percy bit off some and added; "I know right! But we have all year to nag about it to him now." He said shrugging. "Oh yeah! And meantime; we're working on your sword work." Thalia said with finality. "Yeah Yeah Yeah..." He mumbled. "I say if we haven't convinced him by December we go; with or without permission." Thalia decided; pointing her popsicle in the air. "I thought that was a given. We just grab Nico and go." He agreed. "But For now; this is it. Isn't it? No more exciting adventures." Thalia said with a sigh. "Nah;" Percy said. "This is just the beginning."

A/N: And there you go! The end of book 1! But we're not done by a long shot! I'm going all the way through HoO! Thanks for the support;and be looking out for book two!