Chapter 15: Sparing

Percy had no idea what he was doing. He stood across from Nico, Sword drawn; mimicking Nico's stance. Nico advanced, with slight hesitation of course. He began his first swing; which would have cleaved Percy in half if he didn't react. He quickly blocked, 'He isn't training, he's trying to murder me!' Percy tried slashing straight down... Nico blocked right back. He then kneed Percy in the chest and kicked him in his 'mortal weakness'. Percy stumbled and fell, dropping his sword. Nico began to put his sword to Percy's neck, proclaiming his victory. Percy was angry; furious even. 'I will not loose to Nico!' Percy headbutts Nico, making him drop his sword to cover his eyes. Nico quickly picked his sword right back up however. By then though Percy re-grabbed his sword. Percy charged at his friend. Nico freaked and kicked Percy. Percy landed, smashing into a table with a water cooler on it; cracking his head. "Percy! Oh Gods..." Percy Was bleeding out, no ifs ands or buts. Then the water cooler fell down, landing on his feet; it breaks open and it spills all over his pants. Then something amazing happens. Percy can feel his wounds closing, his strength returning. He looked back at Nico, who had once again dropped his sword. "Pick it up," Percy said, "I'm not beat yet." "Huh?" Percy picked up his sword and rushed Nico, slashing like a pro. Knocking Nico's sword out of his hand for the last time. He held his sword up to his throat, "I win." "H-how?" "It's a child of Poseidon thing." ... Both of them burst out laughing.