26. twenty six

26. twenty six

🌙🌙🌙

He smiled as he got out of the bed, Lilian behind him in tow as they walked to the kitchen, his fingers tightening around the pack of Tylenol.

"Lilian." He said seriously after she drowned the Tylenol down her throat with water.

"Aiden." She mocked, now fully awake.

"Are you okay?"

She studied him for a while, holding his serious gaze with her mocking one. Finally she sighed. "Is this about yesterday? I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have kissed you. You just wanted to be friends and that's what I wanted to. Except it's really hard being friends around you when you drive me so damn crazy." She rambled on, tossing a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

At first he wanted to object, he definitely wanted to be more than friends. Instead he chose to comment at one of the things that made him smile, "I drive you crazy?"

"To the point of me trying to stab you."

"Oh." well that was sad. But he knew what she meant, Lilian was honest and yet there was always that part of her that was strangely murderous. ''But that's not what I'm asking about." Her eyebrows crunched together. "Then what are you talking about?"

"Lilian you got shit drunk yesterday. You only drink if you have a problem." He explained as her eyes widened as her mouth went agape.

"Wha—what?"

He smiled sadly. "Did you think I wouldn't know? So what's wrong?"

She paused for a while, wondering whether to spill the secret. Her eyes blinked and she looked around the room, her blue green orbs laying eyes on everything except Aiden's face. A sigh escaped her lips.

"My parents,'' she treaded carefully, ''they're uh separating."

His heart dropped. "Oh my god, Lilian I'm sorry."

"Don't be, it's been coming for a while now I guess. My mum, she uh slept with another man a few weeks ago and I saw and dad found out a few days ago. I told Bree and well, I don't know what to do." She confessed, her feelings tumbling out like the wave of the ocean.

"They're separating? Not divorcing?"

"Yeah, my dad just needs time to think about it. Both of them are asking me who I want to live with for the time being and I don't know."

"You can come live with me." He joked, opening the fridge to grab a soda. She laughed. "I wish Aiden, I wish."

He clapped his hands together, after offering the soda to Lilian who took it gratefully. "Okay, let's change the topic. Stop worrying about the future and let's talk about now. You'll make your decision when the time comes."

The brunette raised an eyebrow, tugging the can to her lips. "What do you want to talk about?"

Aiden could feel his heart hammering in his rib cage. He decided yesterday night to do this, an he wanted to honor it. He felt slightly nauseous and honestly he felt a bit silly, Aiden Williams shouldn't feel nauseous. He's played plenty of football games with thousands of people watching him. He's played with a broken wrist. And yet, just looking at the girl who was tracing patterns on the marble counter made him want to run away.

In a good way. He inhaled.

"You. And probably an answer for what I'm about to ask now."

"Answer for what?"

"Will you go out with me?" He exhaled. There. He said it.

"Uhm where? The grocery store? There's a Walmart near here yeah?"

He shook his head, smiling. "I swear to god, you say the weirdest things sometimes. Sure let's go to the grocery store looking like shit. No! I mean go out with me like, go out with me."

Her eyes widened. She set the soda can on the countertop. "Why?" She asked silently.

"Because I like you?" He questioned. But it wasn't a question anymore, and he definitely knew he liked her.

"I'm hella confused Aiden."

"Fine. Uh, like I first started texting you because my friend told me too. And then well, I texted you of my own accord. I missed talking to you and I found myself getting pissed at everything. And I don't love you, but it's really really close to it and I don't know ever since yesterday all I want to do is just be with you and talk about everything and just kiss you and have fun."

"Aiden I—"

"And about last semester, I did kiss coco, but I was shit drunk and I know that's not an excuse but I'm fucking human and I make shitty mistakes cause I'm a piece of shit. And god did that guilt make me feel feel worse everyday. And it was a peck on the lips! There was literally no tongue in it! And seriously I know I won't fucking do it again." His eyebrows creased together when he saw her expression. "And why are you laughing?"

"Nah I, fuck it's funny." She laughed again, her hand coming up to cover her mouth.

Blood rushed to his cheeks as he looked away. "Shut up. I pour my heart to you and you laugh. Remind me why I like you again?"

She laughed more quietly now. "I don't know. You tell me."

"You're annoying. So will you go out with me? I asked nicely." He added.

"You're persistent Aiden. You've always been."

"And it's a good thing right?"

She thought for a while, before shaking her head. "Yeah."

His smile widened by a fraction. "So that's the answer to my question right?"

"For the last one you asked, yes. And for the first one you asked...I'll think about it.''

He sighed, relieved. At least she didn't say no. It was still probable that she would say no, but it was perfect for now.

"Yeah, that's fine, I mean perfect. At least you're thinking about it.''

"Of course I'd think about it, you're Aiden after all.''

He smiled gratefully, moving near Lilian, his arms wrapping around her waist as his head dropped to her shoulder. Her hands automatically moved to his blonde hair, uncontrollably lacing the strands with her fingers.

"Thank you." He mumbled.

[A/N : #38 in short story wow omg tysm]