25. twenty five

25. twenty five

🌙🌙🌙

Aiden Williams set his phone down on his desk, his head throbbing slightly. He didn't drink as much yesterday, most of the night being spent with Lilian.

His head turned, his ocean blue eyes focusing on the brown haired girl softly sleeping on his bed, her arm propped under her head as a makeshift pillow. Which was funny considering under her arm was a pillow.

She gave a soft sigh, something she always did when she slept and it was capable of making Aiden's heart burst. He missed it, her sighs and cheeky comments and all.

A trip down memory lane was a good thing if it included reminiscing all the times he had spent with Lilian.

The ends of his lips tugged uncontrollably into a smile as he sat on the bed, the mattress dipping slightly with the additional weight.

They hadn't really done anything but make out honestly, and Aiden really didn't know what happened because despite everything he knew he fell asleep first.

He was about to go down to the kitchen to get his Tylenol when she let out another soft sigh. Deciding he didn't want her to wake up alone he stayed, hoping to endure his headache.

She opened her eyes drowsily after a good 15 minutes, as she retracted from her original position to one where her head was leaning against the headboard.

She rubbed her eyes sleepily and looked around, her mind registering what she saw. Her blue green eyes then focused on Aiden, who was looking at her with a small smile on his face, sitting at the edge of the bed.

From Aiden's line of sight, he saw her eyes flitting towards him and then his room, realization slightly dawning on her face as the gears in her head churned and put the pieces together. She opened her mouth to speak but Aiden cut her off.

"Before you say anything, we just made out. I fell asleep before you so I don't know what happened."

He was expecting her to throw a scowl his way or hit him for this. Instead he was greeted with another soft sigh—one that he liked so much.

"Hm, okay. I can guess what happened."

To say he was baffled would be an understatement. "You can?" He asked incredulously. She nodded before closing her eyes. "Wait. Why aren't you hitting me? Why hasn't like a pillow being thrown my way?"

She opened her eyes again, her head moving to meet his gaze. "Do I have to hit you? It's my fault. At least I think, I can't remember shit, but I'm pretty sure it was my fault."

"Yeah, but I kissed you back. I didn't stop it."

She smiled, her eyes closing again. "Hm? Yeah. I knew I shouldn't have come."

Now Aiden was more confused than ever. He thought it was about them making out, his heart throbbing just like his head as he opened his mouth to speak. "Wha? Don't say that. I know it may not have gone the way we wanted." He clarified, his arms moving with him. I'm sorry."

She sighed. "No it's not that.'' her lips quirked up a little, ''And god it's so weird to hear you say sorry."

"I'm sorry?"

"Okay, that's enough." She joked. "What I meant was, I knew this would happen."

The space between Aiden's eyebrows creased. "What do you mean?"

"God Aiden, if I'm with you there's no fucking way I wouldn't be able to not kiss you. That possibility obviously increases when I'm drunk." she confessed flatly, her face morphing into one of deadpan.

He didn't say anything and just like yesterday night and probably every night he was with her, he was tongue tied. This was why she was like the sea. He had no freaking idea what she was gonna say and when she was gonna say it.

She just sighed, rubbing her temples with her hand. She adjusted her position as she inched closer to Aiden, decreasing the small space between them, her head now resting on his shoulder. Immediately he could feel the hairs on his arms rising up, his heart rate increasing. "And if I'm supposed to get mad at you and hit you can I please do it tomorrow? I'm tired and my head hurts and I just want to sleep."

He decided to change the topic, "Do you want Tylenol?"

"Hm? Ah it'll be fine once I sleep yeah?"

"Just take it now Lilian, it won't hurt much then." She groaned, her head tilting upwards. "Fine."