Just For You [Caine/Diana Oneshot]

Diana stood in her room. She stared at the mirror, where a girl stared back at her. She looked much better now. Since the FAYZ dome had dissapeared, Coates Academy was now running again, but Diana herself moved to Perdido Beach. It took a year, but everything was recovered. Her baby, Gaia, was gone. It still hurt. Yes, she was well aware it had been the gaiaphage, but it was still her child. There was an undeniable connection. But the thing she missed the most was the father of her child. Caine. The FAYZ messed them all up pretty badly, but she still had a little hope for her and Caine to work it out. She hadn't seen him since the end of the FAYZ. His mother, Connie, offered to let him stay with her and his twin, Sam, but he took off. No one really knows where. Most people think he went back to his adoptive parents, but Diana knew he wouldn't go back there. He most likely just went off, to figure things out. She wanted him to come back soon, though.

"Diana, are you busy tonight?" Allen asked. He was roughtly 5'9", blonde haired, blue eyed and had a little bit of a crooked smile that was being fixed by invisiline. He had recently moved to Perdido Beach after it had recovered, and he was in the same grade as Diana, Sam, and most of the main powers of the FAYZ.

"You ask every week, Allen." she let out a soft laugh. He had been after her for weeks now. She just wasn't ready to go out with someone - not after her long...thing...with Caine. The warning bell rang. "I'll talk to you later, bye." She walked away and bumped directly into Sam, who had just dropped Astrid off at her AP class. "Hey Sam."

"Hey Diana," he smirked. "Was that Allen?"

"Yes," she sighed. "He just tried asking me out again."

"Come on, you should go for it," he suggested as they walked to class.

"Sam, you know why I won't." Diana looked at the ground, thinking of Caine.

"I don't think he'll be coming back," Sam admitted. "I'm sorry, Diana, but he seems like a gonner. He can take care of himself, though, we all know that."

"We do..." Diana bit her lip. "Allen just seems...not my type."

Sam laughed. "You're not as mean to him, though. At this point, mean Diana would've shut him up."

Diana shook her head, smiling. "Sam Temple, don't make me shut you up."  

"You know I love you like a sister, Diana, and so does Astrid. We both know you deserve better than you've had."

Diana let out a sigh. "I'll think about it, okay?"

"And what's your name?" Caine smiled his gorgeous smile at her while looking her up and down in her Coates Academy uniform. Diana knew all about Caine. He was the 'It' boy of Coates. The one girls always fell for. The heartbreaker with a mean streak. She found the girls that fell for him pathetic, but she would never admit that she, herself, had a tiny crush on him. Not that she made it obvious like the rest of the stupid idiots.

"Nothing you need to know," she smirked and began to walk up the stairs. She knew he was watching, she swayed her hips more than usual.

"Playing it tough? I'll play with you," he smirked, enjoying his view.

Diana saw a kid with some candy. "Kid, give it to me."

"What? No!"

Diana turned to him, giving him a cold stare. "I said, 'give it'."

The kid slowly handed it over without anymore protests.

"Finally, I'm not the only mean one," she heard behind her.

Diana turned to find Caine smirking. "Oh, well then this should be a fun game." With a wink at him, she walked off to her dorm.

Diana almost laughed out loud at the memory, but knew it would make her heart ache more. She missed Caine so much. Every day, she'd think of him. What if he settled somewhere else? What if he was happy where he was? What if he found someone better? The thoughts could kill Diana. She remembered when it was just her and Caine on the island in the FAYZ. They had been happy. They could've lived together, without the other kids, just fine. Everything had been almost perfect. But with a shiver, Diana also remembered it was when they made Gaia. The baby she loved and hated. "Caine, come back," she whispered into the night.