Chapter 12: The Blanket

Start from the beginning

"Oh, my gods, it does." She stared at the dark locks before her fingers fell to the zipper, finding difficulty as she pulled it up. They would need to visit the maternity wear, as well. "I mean, I guess I can see why it does. Mary Margaret basically tied me down to watch one of those freaky ass videos. I probably screamed louder than the chick."

"Good to know that I will have competition in that department," Regina muttered dryly before finding a pair of her black pumps to slip on.

"Baby, why do you torture yourself with those things?" Emma stepped out of the closet and was followed by her wife as she did the same, though she pressed forward to find something that was unknown to the blonde.

"Because," she replied, though gave no further explanation and, instead, perched on the edge of the bed as she stuffed folders into a messenger bag.

The blonde rolled her eyes and followed her as the woman collected her items for the day. "And I won't be... looking down there, probably, when you give birth."

"What?" Regina's head whipped up from her current agenda to look at the blonde who stared at her with a red face.

"That video was enough to scar me for life." Emma muttered, blinking rapidly as she moved to collect a fallen paper. "And I couldn't look at your vagina the same."

The brunette huffed in disgust as she snatched the paper from her wife's hand to stuff into a random folder before she stood, chestnut eyes narrowing on the blonde. "You're disgusting, Emma."

"What? You don't like me talking about your vagina?" She chased after her wife as the older woman made her way out of the bedroom.

"Will you stop it?" She whipped around, nearly causing Emma to bump into her. "You know how I do not like that sort of language."

"You certainly have no problem in the heat of the moment." The blonde heard Regina scoff before she continued, dropping the messenger bag onto the couch as she made her way to the kitchen. "Wait!" Emma quickly grabbed the teacher's bag and shrugged it onto her shoulder, earning a quizzical look from the woman herself. "Since I don't have to work today, why don't you let me take you to work? And maybe we can grab a doughnut and some coffee."

"I can't drink coffee, Emma." The brunette paused, though, placing the box of cereal that she had started to retrieve back into the cupboard.

"Yeah you can, just in small amounts. Or you'd probably have killed me by now." Emma smirked when she smiled and slowly made her way over to the older woman, brows waggling. "You know a doughnut or two sounds good. And maybe they'll have hot chocolate... or a tiny, wimpy coffee size?" Slowly, the smile started to grow on full, crimson lips. "I thought so, cutie. And, besides, it gives me a chance to hang out with my beautiful wife, even if it's for, like, fifteen minutes."

"The compliments are a bit much after you bribed me with coffee and doughnuts." The brunette's smile only widened as she leaned forward to give Emma a chaste kiss, leaving her brain to swim in everything Regina. "Come, my swan, before we run out of time."

"Oh, uh, yeah!" The blonde nodded, collecting her scattered brain, and took Regina's hand to lead the older woman to the front door.

"Which car are we taking?" The teacher stopped to collect the keys on the end table by the door.

"I thought we'd just take mine since I'll be taking you to work." Emma received the keys that Regina had handed her before pulling the door open. Once Regina stepped after her into the hallway, the blonde quickly shut the door and locked it.

"Looks like we will be gaining new neighbors." Regina's voice had Emma pulling away from the door to find a few boxes decorating the hall outside the apartment door across from them.