Chapter 2: The Return to Storybrooke

"Where are my fish?" Emma complained, her body twisted as she looked around the backseat.

It had been a little over a month since they had moved to Boston and just a week before Emma would be starting school. She and Regina were currently on their way to Storybrooke to pick up Emma's graduation gift; the yellow Bug.

Emma had, over the last month, furthered her driving skills to get used to driving around the city with Regina's help. When the blonde had gained enough confidence to test herself, Regina had taken her, and she had passed. The brunette had offered the blonde her Mercedes as they planned to take the trip to Storybrooke, but the blonde had refused. She still felt anxious about driving on the highway, even though she would have to bring her own car back to the city.

Currently, though, the blonde was getting berated by her lover as she had now unbuckled her seat belt to dig around in a duffle bag on the seat.

"What fish?" Regina finally ended her rant, exasperated at her young lover's carelessness.

"My gummy ones." Emma whined, tossing a pair of Regina's panties out of the bag. "I bought them specifically for this trip."

"I'm sure that you can survive another two hours without them." The brunette muttered, momentarily breaking her gaze from the road to draw to the blonde's rear beside her.

Emma grumbled softly as her hand grabbed a bunched up shirt. But when she moved said shirt, she saw the familiar plastic bag of the gummy fish she had been looking for. Making a noise of satisfaction, Emma slipped back into her seat with a grin on her face.

"Did you find them, dear?" Regina gave her a sideways glance, chuckling softly.

"Yes," the blonde mumbled with a mouthful. "Want one?"

"Are you sure you won't rip my arm off like last time?"

"I..." The blonde chuckled softly and offered up the bag, watching warily as the brunette dug a few of the fish out. "You took more than you were supposed to, last time."

"You and your fish." Regina chuckled softly, turning an adoring smile on her girlfriend.

"I like them when I'm bleeding." Emma shrugged, popping another fish into her mouth. "Like you and your chocolate."

"Speaking of, where is my chocolate?" Regina quirked a brow at the blonde.

"Uh..." The blonde froze in her spot, giving her girlfriend a guilty look.

She ate it when she found it earlier that day.

Emma hadn't paid any mind to whose it had been or why it was randomly laying on a table, so she picked it up and ate it. She was craving chocolate at the moment and hadn't realized that Regina had joined in for that miserable time of month, as well.

"... you didn't eat my chocolate, did you?" Regina's voice was deathly low.

"Hah, no. What makes you think that?" Emma nervously laughed. "It's probably in the duffle bag."

"Uh huh. It better be." The glare that was shot her way had the blonde sinking in her seat.

She was screwed.

The next two hours flew by and before the blonde knew it, they were pulling up to her old apartment, right behind the yellow Bug. It was noon by the time that they had arrived, much to Emma's discontent. Regina had insisted that they get up early so they could have the entire day in Storybrooke.

Which that entire day would be spent visiting Emma's friends and her parents.

Emma hesitated before reaching for the door. Also within that month, she hadn't spoken to Mary Margaret. David had told her to give the woman time to get used to the reality of hers and Regina's relationship, but Emma was still skeptical.