Chapter 2: The Return to Storybrooke

Start from the beginning

She didn't know how her mother had initially reacted to the revelation since she hadn't been there, and David hadn't said too much about it. He wanted to get out of the house as fast as he could before his wife started throwing things.

"Do you want me to stay out here?" Regina queried as she turned the car off, noticing her lover's hesitation.

"No, no." Emma shook her head, frowning. "I'm not going to let you do that. I'm not hiding you anymore."

"Honey..."

"And David said that we can stay here." The blonde shrugged slightly before popping her door open. She breathed deeply, letting the sweet air fill her lungs. Her palms started to sweat.

"Is Mary Margaret alright with that?" Regina was now exiting the vehicle, as well, and moved to open the backseat door. "I can still rent us a room at Granny's."

Emma shook her head at the suggestion. "No. I'll convince her."

Regina nodded, scoffing slightly at the mess that Emma had left on the backseat. She plucked the clothes up off the floor and stuffed them back into their duffle before bringing the bag out. "What did you do back here?"

"Uh..." Emma gave her a sheepish look, peeking over the car to be met with Regina's irritated brown orbs. "Nothin'."

"Let's go, you messy little blonde." Regina purred softly, locked up the Mercedes, and rounded the vehicle to join Emma as the blonde made her way to the building.

Emma paused at the familiar green apartment door, her hand connected with Regina's as it only grew clammier. She felt Regina squeeze her hand, fueling her to knock on the door.

"It's going to be fine," she heard a husky voice speak behind her.

"I hope so," Emma muttered as the door opened, revealing David who wore a wide smile on his lips.

The blonde found herself surrounded by muscular arms and choking on a musky scent as he brought her into the apartment. She sighed softly, returning the embrace. She had missed her father. It had only been a month and she had missed him.

"Hey, guys. How was your drive?" He inquired as Regina joined them inside, flashing her a wary smile.

"It was long." Regina murmured, dropping the duffle bag at her feet.

"Gina ate my fish." Emma shot her girlfriend a glare, the raven-haired woman returned it.

"Your fish?" David blinked slightly.

"Her gummy fish." Regina iterated, shaking her head as she now bent to ruffle through the clothes in the bag. "And... you ate my chocolate, Emma."

"No I didn't." The blonde was quick to fib, but the glower that had been offered to her had the teenager squeaking. "Okay, okay! I didn't know it was yours."

"Whose else would it be?"

Emma could feel the guilt rising to her face. "Uh... the... chocolate fairy's?"

"You ate my period food. I ate yours." Regina huffed and picked the bag up once again, eyes falling on the objects in the apartment.

David cleared his throat, head jerking towards the stairs that led up to Emma's old bedroom. "You can put that upstairs."

"Of course," the brunette nodded before making her way up the stairs, leaving father and daughter alone.

"So, where's Mary Margaret?" Emma turned to her father after gaining the will to tear her eyes away from her lover's behind.