she clearly wished to be part of the mob, so why did he keep insisting for them leave?

her curiosity grew.

"sexy, what's happening?" she warily asked again, and the blonde teacher's head shamefully fell at her inquiry. "what are you not telling me?"

it was more than evident at this point. mr. park knew what was outside, and for some reason, he was choosing to hide his knowledge on the truth.

"hey, look at me," she urged him with a tender cheek stroke, and he reluctantly complied. "be honest with me," she narrowed her gaze.

mr. park gulped at their unbearable eye-contact, but instead of giving her a command, he pulled at her wrist again and took a slight step back.

no one had yet witnessed their interaction, but because the crowd was becoming more impatient with each moment that passed, mr. park grew concerned about attracting the attention of an accidental spectator.

he loosened his grasp on jay's arm, glossy eyes roaming over the herd of students behind her, and heaved a sigh.

however, before the blonde professor could answer, the front doors of the building swung wide open. the sea of students naturally split into two, ultimately creating enough space for the arriving visitor.

everyone backed up against the lockers, and that's when jay was given the perfect view to the anticipated stranger.

except, this was no stranger at all.

she recognized the furrowed eyebrows and crooked nose of the boy who strolled in like he owned the place, an armed guard trailing closely behind him and dubiously observing their student-filled surroundings.

jay's heart stopped beating at the sight.

every pair of eyes followed after the confident boy,—who shouldn't have been so confident at all,—and mr. park forcefully pulled jay beside his taller frame.

"it's too late for us to go," he mumbled back to her, releasing the grip around her skin, "so please just stand behind me."

jay, as startled as she was, wasted no time to move, strategically hiding behind from the felon's view.

the young convict did not look like himself.

he seemed much less dorky in the eyes of his former classmates, much more intimidating and self-assured, and it confused them all to no end.

had his brief stay at city prison really changed him? or had this been part of his real nature all along and people had just failed to realize the falsity of his passive persona?

the boy chuckled to himself at the load of attention that he had brought upon himself—all for committing one simple crime (which, in his opinion, was not really a crime at all).

the faces of disgust only fed his ego, and instead of being fazed by their judgmental expressions, he emphasized his footsteps with increasing arrogance.

he continued with his haughty strides and wicked grin until he nearly approached his locker.

however, all the self-possession that the boy displayed in his calm yet bold countenance faltered when he met mr. park's fiery gaze.