Chapter Twenty Four: Children

[Justin]

<six months>

For the first time in a long time, my cold house felt like a home. Having Karina move in was the best decision I've ever made. She's the best thing to ever happen to me. And I'm deeply in love with her.

Everyday for the past six months have been heaven. We go to work in the morning, and eat dinner at night. We make love every now and again and it's great every time.

When she's sick, I take care of her. And she does the same for me. It's incredible to be around her. She's really the light of my life.

I was in my office, finishing up my work.

"Justin?" I hear my goddess call my name.

"In here baby." I sigh watching her walk in with one of my shirts.

"Baby, it's late. You should be resting." She says.

"I know. I'm finished now." I say looking at her from head to toe.

"Come lay with me." She coos.

I smirk. "Come here first."

She smiles, walking over to me. I pat my leg, telling her to sit down, and she complies. Pulling her to me, I hide my face in her neck, inhaling her scent.

"You're so beautiful." I whisper kissing her skin, making small kissing noises.

"I believe you." She moans.

"And you're mine." I say proudly.

"That I am." She giggles. I smile using my index finger to pull her in for a kiss.

"I love you." I mumble against her lips.

"And I love you." She says.

I grab her hand, placing small kisses on the back off it. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"D-do you ever... Think about having children?"

Her body tenses and her face expression changes.

"Baby?"

"I-I've thought about it. But..."

"But what?"

She takes a deep breath. "I-I'm not sure if I can."

"What do you mean?"

She lets go of my hand attempting to get off my lap, but I grab her by the hips, keeping her still.

"Don't run Karina. Talk to me." I say.

"I-I... I-I c-can't... I-I j-just c-can't..." She stammers trying to fight out of my hands.

"Baby, just talk to me." I basically beg.

"N-not... N-not n-now." She stammers finally getting out of my grasp.

Her face was turning red, her eyes filling with tears and I had no idea where they were coming from.

"Baby what's wrong?" I ask watching her walk to the opposite side of the room, her back to mine.

"I-I k-knew t-this day w-would come." She sniffles.

"Karina, what-"

"I-I can't g-give you k-kids." She sobs softly.

"What do you mean?"

"I-I just c-can't..." She sobs her body trembling.

I walk up behind her, placing my hands on her shoulders.

"There has to be a reason you can't have kids."

She sighs deeply, turning to face me. "I-I... C-can't have kids... Because he made sure... That I couldn't."

"He who?" I ask.

"My step dad." She mumbles looking down at her hands.

"What do you mean? what did he do?"

"I-I can't talk about this now, okay?" She stammers walking to the door.

"Karina, wait. I-"

"Not now Justin. Please." She whimpers walking out of the door.

What's she keeping from me? What did he do to her? I need to know. I need to know the truth. And I'm going to find out.

Whether she tells me or not.

(A/n: I know it's been a long time since I've updated, so here you are my Gracies.

Hope I haven't lost any readers.

I'll post more soon, but please. Feel feel to read any of my other books.

Love you for reading😘🌺)