ten; 21 questions

lol it just popped into my mind what joy

(your pov)

i stepped onto the stage, a crowd filled with beautiful people screaming for my attention. slowly, i walked towards the mic.

"how is everyone tonight!" i shouted into the mic. although i sounded happy, i was far from it. recently, my boyfriend, or ex boyfriend, awsten, broke up with me. but it had to be for the better, right? i mean, we were constantly fighting, it only made sense to. so why didn't it feel right?

i still love him.

"so, uh, this is a song-" i swallowed, "by some friends of mine. you may know them by the name of waterparks." the crowd cheered loudly.

"this is 21 questions." the cheering got even louder. i sat on my stool, beginning the song.

"i wish there was a situation to be mad at, or a person i could blame.

i've got a loud mouth, i'm pale with a ghost obsession but behind the scenes of him i'm playing twenty-one questions

there's gotta be a reason you keep your girl in hiding. i'm becoming what i've hated but your talk is so inviting

but then what?"

i started choking up. tears started pouring down my face. the fans continued the song. i cried.

i stopped playing the guitar and just cried. the fans were shouting things like "it's okay" and shit like that, but i was ignoring them.

i set my guitar down and put my face in my hands.

remembering him and all of the good times was too hard. it was something i couldn't handle. nor was i ready to handle it.

the crowd started cheering louder and suddenly i felt hands on my shoulders. i turned to see awsten. he pulled me into a hug.

"i dont know if it's too soon, but i want to try again." he whispered softly in my ear. i nodded and cried into his shoulder.

awsten began walking me offstage. i looked up to see geoff, otto and jawn sitting there and i also gave them hugs.

"i missed you three." i spoke, a light laugh passing it's way through.

"we missed you too." geoff told me. i then noticed grace standing next to otto.

"hey girlie!" i said happily. we hugged and she pulled me aside.

she takes ahold of my hands. "awsten really wants to start over with you. believe me, he loves you. he's been a wreck without you. go talk to him, smooth things over. plus, i want to see my favorite again." she told me. i smiled amd nodded, hugging and thanking her.

i turned and walked back over to awsten. i took his hand in mine and dragged him to the side, not a single word leaving our lips. my stomach tingled at the feeling of his hand in mine again.

once we were away from the rest of the group, i turned to him.

"for starters, i still love you. i dont care about the past i just want you back." i said, tears pricking my eyes. a look of relief layed upon his face and he pulled me into a hug.

"im sorry for everything i ever said. im sorry for being so stupid. i just want to be with you again. i love you so much. i was such a mess without you." awsten said. he sounded so sincere and genuine.

"it's okay awsten. i forgive you. i will always love you. does this mean we're together again?" i couldn't help but ask. i needed the confirmation.

"yes. i love you y/n." he smiled down at me.

"i love you too, aws."