The Reception

The Reception

The wedding was spectacular.

Maxon and I couldn't stop stop smiling and giggling every second. We were just so happy. The crowing ceremony was interesting. I had never planned to become Queen of Illeá. Maxon stood by my side the entire time. After the ceremony, we invited everyone into the ballroom where there was a big reception. After greeting the guests and having dinner, Maxon and I had our first dance. Everyone stood around as we held each other close and felt our hearts beat in rythym to the music. It felt like forever, the best kind of forever, but it must have been only a minute or two until everyone joined in and began to dance with us. The tables were pushed to the edge of the room and everyone seemed to want to dance with me.

At one point I looked over and saw May and Marlee dancing together like maniacs. They seem to have really taken a liking to each other. I eventually had the opportunity to dance with Aspen. We stood with a generous amount of space between us and couldn't stop laughing. It was only until Maxon came over to dance with me that we parted and Aspen went to find Lucy. I was so happy for them. They were perfect for each other.

Hours passed and soon the guests were saying their goodbyes and final congratulations. It must have been around midnight when the only people in the ballroom were some palace staff cleaning up and Maxon and me.

Maxon gave me a look and raised his eyebrows that seemed to say, 'My room?' I nod yes. We say some goodbyes to the staff and link arms and head out of the grand doors. We were walking up the stairs when May, my family would be staying the night at the palace, came around the corner and ran toward us.

"Maxon! America!" she shrieked. "Can I come hang out with you two? Mom is being a sour puss."

I look at Maxon. "Might as well," he says. "Besides," he leans in to whisper into my ear, "your family will be gone tomorrow and we'll be on our way to our honeymoon." That won me over. I look over to May and say, "come on, let's go to my room." She swings around and links arms with me. All of that energy must have been sugar-rush because as soon as she laid down on the bed, she was out like a light.

Maxon and I carried her back to my mother's room. We knocked on the door and Mom answered it, looked at us, looked at May, and then silently took her. After the door was shut Maxon asked, "now my room?"

"What about waiting until tomorrow?" I tease. He gives me an eye roll We head back to his room and suddenly the night is catching up to me. "Actually, I'm really tired," I say, eyeing the collage of pictures on the wall. Some of the pictures of the other girls are missing.

"What happened to some of the pictures with the others?" I ask.

"I wasn't sure if you would like them up or not," he replies.

"I don't mind one bit." We laugh and he pulls me into a kiss and starts to pull of my clothes. I put my hands on his chest. "Maxon, wait. I really do want this do be special. Can we wait until tomorrow?"

"For you dear? Anything," and with that we went to bed.