How it started

It was 7am, my father and step mom were knocking on my door.

"Merry Christmas" they said.

I groaned, rolled on my side and just starred at the ceiling for a minute. I could hear them knocking on my step brother's door as they wake him up.

I manage to roll myself out of bed and walk into the lounge room. My step brother had followed me out and we sat on the floor infront of our pile of presents.

As i unwrapped my presents, I got excited as I had just gotton more makeup, pyjamas and some lollies. I made my way to the bathroom to put on my makeup for the day and I got dressed.

As I made my way out, I had seen my cousins, aunty, uncle and my nana who I had not seen for a long time. I had unwrapped my gifts from them and thanked them. I went back into my room to get my bathers on and I joined my cousins in the pool. We played Marco Pollo for a bit.

It was about 11am when we had to get out because they had to go for lunch somewhere. My nana stayed behind and i had talked to her. She kept repeating things several of times because she has Alzheimer's (memory loss) but you get used to it.

Lunch time had come around so we decided to have beef and gravy rolls with some salads. I was a bit cold because the wind had hit so I went back to my room, put on a black shirt with stars on over my bikini top. I had shorts on already so my legs were not cold. I layed in bed for a while watching netflix.

After ten minutes, I heard the front gate, so I looked and it was my oldest step brother, his girlfriend and their two dogs. I went out to greet them and I got my present. I came back into my room for a while. I started to ignore those that were getting here because I was getting tired.

It was about 30 minutes had gone by when I heard the door again. I got up and went out to see who it was.

"Who are these people?" I thought to myself.

"I have never seen them in my life. Are they family or something?" I just kept that thought to myself.

I shook it off and just kept patting the dogs. They made their way outside with everyone but I stayed in with my nana and talked to her for a bit longer.

I finally got the courage to walk outside. As I walk out the door, the table was infront of me. Facing me was my step brother and his gf, with their back towards me was this couple I had never met before and in the pool already was my step mom's niece.

There was a spare seat on mt right so I walked up to it and sat down minding my own business. I sat there for a solid minute, patting the dog, getting lost in my thoughts when I heard this voice.

"Sorry, I don't think we have met, im jack." He said with his hand out waiting for me to shake it.

I grab his hand firm enough and gave him a hand shake.

"Sarah" I said in a quiet voice because I was shy.

"You're Dave's daughter aren't you?" He asked.

I just nodded my head in agreement, without a word coming out of my mouth. Little did i know that this person was going to change my life.

I hope yoy enjoyed it. Please let me know if you enjoyed it :)