The present

-time flash to after the AGT finals-

Katniss' POV:

I still can't believe I got second place at AGT! It's amazing, but the students now think that I want even more attention, so the bullying continues.

Right now, we're walking to our first period with Peeta, Finn, Annie, Jo, and Thresh, we have English. It sucks, that Clove, Cato, Glim, and Marvel can't be in all the same classes with us.

"Kat, please don't do that," Peeta looks at me with sad eyes.

"What do you mean?" I ask and he raises my arms, pulls up my sleeves and shows my new cutting marks. Yes, I have been cutting again.

"Why do you keep doing it?" Annie asks me and I feel so embarrassed about myself.

"I'll stop, okay? But this is how I can still concentrate on something else, so please give me a week or so," I say and want to die because a guy walks by and says a thing in front of the group.

"Hey, come over, I'll pay you well!" he shouts and Peeta basically attacks him.

"See, what I mean?" I say sadly and terrified for my life because of what happened before the winter break.

"This won't happen again," Finnick says and embraces me.

-time flash to lunch-

We walk to get our lunch and a group of girls comes by.

"Look, a slut! She probably has STD, so we better leave!" One of them shouts and I see our group boiling of anger.

"Hey, you, you better not call my sister that!" Finn shouts and comes nearer to me and Peeta.

"Oh, that's your sister Finnick? I'm sorry you have that hoe for a sister," another one of them says and our group surrounds me.

"Please stop," I say and take Peeta's hand tighter in mine.

"Oh, Delly, you sure that you don't have your porn videos all over the fucking internet?" Jo shouts and the girls leave with Delly immediately.

"You okay, babe?" Peeta asks and hugs me. I get so angry at myself, I run to the school doctor, who lets me go home, and I go and cut myself.

Peeta's POV:

Katniss runs out of the cafeteria and I follow her. She's faster than me, but I know, where she went. She went home. Please, Kat, don't hurt yourself!

I get to her home and run in. "Katniss! Kat, where are you?" I shout and run to the bathroom. Oh no, she's cutting and seeing me, she looks terrified.

"Peeta, I-I," she says and I get a piece of paper and wound cleaning spray to clean her wound and stop the bleeding.

"Kat, please, please try to not hurt yourself. I don't know, what would I do, if I lost you," I say and hold her. She nods a little and then when the bleeding has stopped, I guide her to her bed.

"I, I'm sorry," she says and I hug her. "It's okay today, but don't do it again," I say and she once again nods.

"I love you," she says and I hug her tighter. "I love you more than life itself, Kat," I say and she falls asleep in my arms.

After a minute, the group rushes to her house, waking her up.

"What's happening?" she asks while rubbing her eyes with the back of her hands.

"Kat, are you okay, and dude, why didn't you come back to school?" Finn shouts at me. For Kat's sake, I'm a good liar.

"Katniss was feeling nauseous and I stayed to make her feel better," I say and the group relieves to my lie.

"Okay, but Kat, you have to stop scaring us like that!" Glim says and Kat nods at it.

"Okay, I'll stop. But could you guys leave now, my head hurts as hell," Kat says and they leave.

"Are you okay?" I ask Kat and kiss her forehead.

"Oh no, Peeta, I didn't want to ruin your birthday!" she yelps and I chuckle at it.

"You didn't ruin it, you couldn't ruin it," I say smiling at her.

"Well," she says and sits on her bed, "Peeta, I'm cold, could you crawl in?" she asks and I nod.

"Peeta, will you stay with me?" she asks when I crawl under the blanket, cuddling her.

"Always," I say and she smiles at this. Katniss' temperature seems fine.

"Kat, are you sure you're cold, you're temperature seems fine," I say and she smiles.

"Yes, but my family is at California visiting my aunt again and I wanted to spend the weekend with you," she says and crawls on top of me.

"Kat, what are you doing?" I ask and she smirks at me as I sit up.

"What? Can't I kiss my boyfriend?" she asks and kisses me. Soon she pulls away and looks like she's debating with something.

"What are you thinking?" I ask. She ignores me for a second and then answers.

"Nah, let's watch a movie, I don't want to give you your present yet," she says and I look at her with puppy eyes.

"Agghh, finee, I'll give it to you," she says and gets a wrapped present out of her drawer.

"Happy early birthday!" she says and I look at her amazed. She got us two tickets to Hawaii on her birthday. I know, that she thought, that this way, I couldn't give her more presents.

"I'm still gonna get you a present though," I say and she smiles at this.