The Graduation

Katniss' POV:

Last month the same time was amazing. We flew to Hawaii with Peeta and he got me a beautiful heart necklace, with words 'Always' graved in it.

Right now I wake up and feel happy and sad at the same time. Happy, because this is my graduation and also we got our letters yesterday, so, me, Annie, Clove, Glimmer, Johanna, Thresh, and Marvel got in the college we all attended to. Sad, because I won't be seeing Peeta, my brother, and Cato for a long time. In July, they fly to Afghanistan.

"Hey, wake up Sleepy Head! I have to get you ready! Your graduation is in three hours!" Prim shouts and I sit up on my bed, so she can do my make up.

"By the way, Cinna made you the dress," she says, when she is finished with the hair and makeup, what took 2 hours.

"Okay, I'll just put it on and get the gown and cap and shoes you laid out for me, and we will be going," I tell and she tells me to close my eyes. I do so and she puts the dress on me.

"Okay, now you can look." I open my eyes and see a VERY BEAUTIFUL woman in front of me.

"WOW, Prim, you're the best and I mean it!" I say and hug my sister tight. Cookie comes to my bedroom and starts barking out of happiness.

"You're right, Cookie. Kat is gorgeous," Prim says and hugs her. She loves Cookie so very much.

"Okay, I'm gonna take my graduation cap and cloak and let's go. Mum and Haymitch are probably already there," I say and we run down the stairs. We sit in my car that Haymitch gave me for my birthday and we drive to the parking lot of Mockingjay High.

"I'll see you soon, bye!" Prim says and storms in. I smile at my little sister.

Since I graduate, I have to go to the cafeteria and through a door in the cafeteria. There is a staircase, that leads up and behind the stage. So when they call the high school students, we have to go to the seats, that are on the stage.

I see Peeta in front of me with his back turned to me. So I do an old trick. I sneak my hands up to cover his eyes and ask him a question.

"Guess who?" I say with a fancy accent.

"I would guess my gorgeous and amazing girlfriend," he says and turns around to kiss me. I kiss him back.

"I love you," I say with a smile on my face.

"I love you more than life itself, Kat," he says and I smile but think about it for a second. If he goes to Afghanistan and dies, I would have nothing. Nothing without my Peeta.

"You okay, sis?" Finn asks me and I feel the need to hug my brother. They are leaving in less than a month, so I want to spend every possible minute with them. So I hug my brother, tightly as ever and when I pull away I nod.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I say and hug Peeta.

And now we have to go to our chairs. They really don't care about the alphabetical order. I mean, I'm in the middle with Annie, Jo, Clove, and Glim, Marvel and Finnick are one of the first ones, Thresh and Cato are in the ending and Peeta is the last person getting their diploma.

So almost everybody says something. When it comes my time, I choose to talk about what really happened to me this year. 

"Katniss Everdeen," our school's principal, Mr. Heavensbee says and I walk on the stage to get my diploma. When he asks, if I would like to say something, I say yes.

"I'd like to tell you my story. This year here, wasn't the best one. I admit, I'm happy that I became second in America's Got Talent, but that is NOT what I am talking about. I am talking about bullying. This year I got bullied hard in this school. I got called with awful names, what I am not gonna say because there are kids here in the audience. I got beaten and I have been in the hospital with it. So some of your perfect kids here, are not so perfect as they seem. The only ones, who have stuck with me through all of this, are Peeta Mellark, Finnick Odair, Annie Cresta, Johanna Mason, Glimmer Star, Clove Saint, Cato Sword, Marvel Spear, and Thresh Sparrow. Thank you for listening," I say and sit back down in my seat next to Annie and Jo.

"You did great, Kat!" Jo whispers to me and I whisper a thank you to her. It goes on and on until finally, it's Peeta's turn.

"Many people have helped me this year, and I have helped them.At the start of this high school, I would've never dreamed, I would get as beautiful and caring and loving and everything girlfriend, like Katniss Everdeen." Now, this makes me blush. I didn't know, I had so many goods in my personality. "Now if Katniss, could you come back here on the stage," he says and I'm taken completely off guard. But I stand up and go to him. His back is facing the audience and he's staring right at me with so much tenderness, love, and passion in his beautiful blue eyes.

"Katniss, I have loved you since I first heard you sing. We were three and I knew, that I was a goner. I feel, that we have grown into soulmates. So now I would like to ask you a question," he says, gets down on one knee and the audience, me, and the high school students gasp together. "Katniss Annabeth Ginevra Everdeen, would you make me the happiest man ever and marry me?" I feel tears roll down my cheek as I look softly at my Peeta.

"Yes, yes, yes, of course, Peeta!" I shout and kiss him with so much passion. Everyone around us starts cheering and Peeta places the ring on my finger.

I hug him and whisper in his ear:" I love you so much Peeta Percy Harry Mellark."

"And I think I proved how much I love you just seconds ago, Katniss Annabeth Ginevra Everdeen," he says and I give him a kiss on his cheek.

After the graduation, my family and Peeta's family come to us. I hug everybody and Haymitch gives me two keys.

"What are those for?" I ask.

"These are for your and Peeta's new house. Enjoy it." I hug him tightly.

"I love you, Haymitch!" I say and he snickers.

"I love you too, kiddo." I show Peeta the keys and tell them, what they're for and we drive to the location, my stepdad gave to me. It's a huge beach house.

"Wow, now we can have some fun!" I say and kiss Peeta. He kisses me back and we go to the restaurant, the others were supposed to go.

"OMG, Kat, show me the ring!" Annie yells at me when she spots us. So I show it to her and we have a nice dinner.

After a few hours, we separate each other and Peeta drives us two back to our home. We get in and see, that our stuff is all already here.

I turn to Peeta and kiss him. Soon the kiss turns aggressive and Peeta pulls away.

"Katniss, are you sure, you want to do this? Like really sure?" he asks worriedly and I smile at him.

"Yes, Peeta. I'm ready." And the rest of the night is a blur.