A bad dream

Peeta's POV:

I see the document that the police has given me, but I don't believe it. I mean, of course, I knew that Katniss was pregnant and I am the father. But the fact that my fiancee is murdered can't be true.

"I am sorry for your loss, sir," a police officer says. That's when my tears start flowing.

I have to tell it to others. They don't even know, that Katniss is... was pregnant.

I stand up and walk out of mine and Katniss' home, sit in my car and drive to my parents' house.

"Mum?" I ask in a sad voice. She comes out of the kitchen.

"Darling, you're here! Where's my soon-to-be daughter-in-law? It seems like you don't take a step without her now!" she chuckles and I let tears run down my face. She probably sees this, as her next question is "Is everything alright, honey?"

" Mom I have two things to tell you. First of all, Katniss is pregnant." She is so happy about it and hugs me tight. 

"But why are you sad then? I recall, that you wanted to start a family with Katniss a long time ago?" she asks, suddenly worried.

"Katniss..." I take a big shaky breath," Mom, you will never have a daughter-in-law or grandkid, that will be my wife or child."

She seems confused.I better explain it.

"I got news. She... She was murdered. She went to buy groceries this morning, and I got worried, but soon the police came and told me the news." She is clearly in shock. After a second she starts crying heavily and hugs me tightly.

"Mom, can you keep this to yourself until I tell Prim and Finnick?" She nods and I hug her and leave.

I knock on the Everdeen's house, where Katniss used to live until we moved in together.

"Hey, Peeta! Where's my big sis?"Prim asks right at the door.

"Prim, I need to tell you something. Can I come inside?" Prim nods her head and lets me in.

"Oh, hello Peeta!" Mrs.Everd-Jane can get out before Prim tells her what I told at the door.

"So what is it?" they both ask together once Haymitch is there.

"Well, first of all, the good news. Katniss was pregnant." They are happy but after about five seconds, Prim turns to me.

"What do you mean by the was?" I again let a few tears slip before I wipe them away.

"She was murdered this morning and I am more than sure, that it was Gale, who murdered her."

Prim starts crying hysterically and hugs me. Soon Katniss' mother joins her. Haymitch promises to kill Gale, sobs wracking his body. They had a tight relationship with K- her.

I hug them back and tell them, that I have to tell Finnick and the others.

I leave and start texting the others.

The Survivors: Peeta😄🎂🙌😍🍞- Hey guys, we need to get together somewhere right now.

Jo😃😬🙌🎯- Everybody, come to my place. I'm home alone and need ya.Thresh, you better show up first.

Okay then. I'm driving to Jo's place.

When I get there, everybody's cars are already there. I walk in and start explaining.

"I'll explain this to Finn but you guys listen to it, I don't want to explain it more," I say and they nod as I look at Finnick. I take a deep shaky breath and spill.

"Finn, you were going to be an uncle, but you will never see your sis or her baby again," I say and hear a scream.

"OUCH! THAT HURT!!!" Wait, hold on, is that...

"Katniss!"I shout and open my eyes. She is coming up the stairs holding her thumb in her mouth.

"Are you okay?" she asks as she sits on the bed and I pull her close to me, holding on to her body for dear life.

"Honey, did you have a nightmare?" she asks while stroking my back gently with one hand and I nod to her shirt.

"It's okay, it's all okay. You're okay, I'm okay, the baby's also fine," she says and I calm down.

"Oww, that still hurts," she says and I pull away from the hug. "What happened?" I ask her.

"I tried to make an omelet, but those didn't work out for one and for two I burnt my thumb," she says and I smile and shake my head at her clumsiness. I get the burn caring gel out of the closet we keep the medicine in and rub it on her thumb.

"What would I do without you?" she asks, "I mean, you take care of my burns and stuff. You could make a perfect girl happy, but here you are, sticking around with me," she says and I look at her in her eyes.

"You are perfect, Katniss. Don't ever think other ways. I love you to the end of the Universe and back and I love you more and more every day,"I say and kiss her.

"You could never know, how much I love you," she says and I smile. "But Peeta, I'm hungry," she says and pouts like a little kid.

"Well, what would you like, m'lady?" I ask grinning.

"Cheese buns!" she cheers and we go downstairs, laughing.