Issues

(1 month later)

Katniss' POV:

Since Haymitch took Gale to the police department and later on to jail, I have been bullied more often. I know, that my group keeps saying, that it's that filthy little Delly-bitch's fault.But I know, that the reason it happened, is my fault. I'm such an idiot! I'm an ugly filthy slut and whore! I have to get rid of myself!

"Katniss, it's not true!" I hear Peeta say. Well, guess I thought out loud.

"Well maybe. Maybe it's true, what I hear every single day. Maybe I am just a useless slut, whore, douchebag, stripper, who sleeps with everyone who asks for it. Maybe I am." Now I just say the worst thoughts I have had during this month. Peeta looks at me and I see hurt in his eyes. Oh no. Now I have stepped over the line.

"Katniss Everdeen, you are not one of these things, that you named right now. You are the most beautiful, smart, cunning, skilled, incredible, honest, funny, the best person in the world." I avoided looking at him, until now, when he put his hand under my chin, lifting it up, forcing me to look at him." Kat, I know that you want to continue with the cutting, but please, please at least try to stop it. Think about, how many people you make suffer with you, if you do this. Prim, Haymitch, your mom, me, Finnick, Annie, Johanna, Thresh( Jo's boyfriend, who recently joined the group), Clove, Cato, Glimmer, Marvel. Please try," he says, a tear rolling down his cheek. Let's not talk about me, okay? I am a wave of tears right now.

"I'm sorry. I-I just don't want to be the punishment to all of you!" I say hugging him.Peeta hugs me back tightly. "You're not a punishment to us, especially me. The fact that you are even here is a blessing to us. Don't you ever think otherwise, okay?" he asks and I nod into his shirt. Soon Finnick comes around.

"What happened, Katniss?" Finn asks worriedly, but I don't want to talk about it. Peeta, oh thank you so much, understands it and answers him for me.

"She's just having a rough morning," Peeta answers and I send him a thank you look. He just nods for that.

We leave for class and sit down in our spots. As usual, I sit next to Annie and since we sit by the window, I look out of it, thinking, that it will only be some months to the end of high school. After this, it will only be college and... I know what Peeta wants, but if he chooses to be with me... I don't know. I think that in some year at college, I might give in to his deepest desire. But not before college.

"Psst, cheer up Kat, it'll only be this day before Christmas break!" I hear Annie whisper to me. I smile a little, knowing, that the bullying will be over for at least a little while. Soon enough the bell rings and we start going to another class. But, because I'm me, something has to happen. A guy grabs my butt. 

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask, completely panicking. I already know, what they are going to answer.

"Well, sweetie, I'll call you after school then, after this thing you could maybe come over, by the way, my parents aren't home."The guys start laughing. What the fuck? Wow, I have a habit to tell what I'm thinking, next thing I notice is me being pushed down to the ground and the group running to me. After that, I black out.

Annie's POV:

We're walking to another class, when I notice, that Katniss isn't here with the girls.

"Finnick! Peeta!"I yell and they come in one second.

"What's wrong, babe?" Oh, that's cute, that Finn cares about me, but this is for Katniss.    

"Is Katniss with you guys?" I ask, but they tell, that they thought, that she was with us. Peeta starts running first and we follow him, all running. We make it to the hallway, where our last class was, to see Katniss pushed to the floor by three boys, hard.

"NO!!!!" We hear Peeta roar and we all run to the boys. Peeta is already on one of the guys and we, girls go to Katniss.

"No, Katniss, honey, don't close your eyes, please don't!" I say with tears rolling down my face, but it doesn't help. She closed her eyes and is that BLOOD NEAR HER HEAD DRIPPING OUT RIGHT NOW?!

"MAJOR PROBLEM, GUYS!!" Clove yells at them, as the other guys have already fleed. Peeta, of course, is the first one to arrive.

"Somebody call 911 right now!" He yells, stroking Katniss' cheek begging for her to wake up. Cato calls the ambulance and they arrive here at major speed.

They put Katniss on the stretcher.

"Can we come with you?" Everyone in the group asks at the same time.

"We can take three persons," they say and we decide, that me, Finn, and Peeta go with them. The others go to the last lesson and then they drive to the hospital.

Finnick's POV:

We are left in the waiting room and the doctors stroll her in a room.

I can't believe it. Why did my little sister get attacked? Why her? She hasn't done anything to the others. Why do they bully her? NOBODY tells us as a group anything. Then why do they tell this stuff to her?

I hear sobs and pull Annie closer to me. But Annie isn't the one sobbing. It's Peeta. It has to be extra hard for him because he doesn't have anyone to comfort him that way right now like I and Annie comfort each other.

A doctor comes to us, probably to tell news about Katniss."What happened to her?" the doctors asks.

"Some guys pushed her hard on a stone floor," Peeta says, trying to comfort himself.

"Okay. It seems that she might have a little memory loss, but nothing else. You can go look her at room 23B," the doctor tells us and we practically run to the room.

"Kat..." Peeta is the first one to say something. She is connected to a wire, measuring her heart beat.

We all take seats. Peeta at one side and me and Annie on the other side of Katniss. It's clear, that there's no way to put in words, how much Peeta loves her. He takes Kat's hand in his and holds it, letting his tears drop on it.

We hear someone groan and see Katniss opening her eyes. We all sigh in relief while she looks around.

"Where am I? What happened?" she asks looking very confused.

"Honey, what do you remember?" Peeta asks a bit scared.

"I remember... I remember texting you Finn, that I'm okay and the next thing I remember is waking up here- Am I in a hospital?" she asks and explains. She sent that text yesterday night. Well, at least she remembers everything that she needs to remember. 

"Yes, babe, you're in a hospital. You're here because some stupid guys punched you on the floor and you had a concussion." Peeta kisses her cheek.

"Oh. Wait, hold on. I remember. The tallest guy of them grabbed my ass. I asked what was the deal and he told me... he told me to have sex with him. I told my thoughts out loud, what means I said what the fuck and nothing after this." Annie is shocked, I and Peet want to kill those guys. No one messes with my sister!

The door opens and Mrs. Everdeen comes inside.She hugs Katniss and then Peeta. Then she leaves like I and Annie weren't even in the room.

"Soooo we're ghosts then!" Annie shouts and we all laugh.I just hope that we can spend Christmas together without issues.