“Could I see some ID? It's hard to believe that you are old enough to be drinking,” Adrian finally said breaking the silence. However, Cico didn't answer him and only moved to reach for her drink. He reached over and put a finger under her chain, pulling her face up to see tears. Fighting the argue to pull her into his arms he asked, “What's wrong?” He moved his hand to the side of her face and she tried to pull away, but he wouldn't let her.

He needed to know that she was okay but she wasn't answering him. There had to be something he could do to get her to talk and that was when he got the idea. Might end up hurting her more than she was already, but he needed her to talk. This Cico he didn't like. Moving his other hand to the other side of her face, he held her face prisoner in his hands and Cico finally looked him in the eye before looking down at his hands.

“You can kill me later if you want, but I don't like this Cico. I would rather have the Cico that ordered me out of her house,” he said before leaning in and kissing her lightly.

Cico walked into Blue Sky depressed and happy. It was the day her mom died and she was born. She was now 21 and could drown her sadness in drinks. Cico didn't see Adrian across the room or when he sat beside her and ordered himself a drink. When he had said something to her, Cico didn't hear him. She wanted to be left alone, like she had been before he came along. Ever since he moved in she always found herself in the same room as him and within inches of him. By the time she was almost done with her first drink, she was holding back tears already.

When he had held her face prisoner in his hands she had to fight herself from throwing her arms around his neck. She had tried to pull away but he wouldn't let her. For a second she forgot about what happened to all of those who got close to her and let herself imagine being with him. Breaking away from his eyes she looked down at his hands and realized just how much she needed his touch at this moment.

“You can kill me later if you want, but I don't like this Cico. I would rather have the Cico that ordered me out of her house,” he said breaking the silence between them before leaning in and kissing her softly. Cico's eyes went wide and her heart skipped a beat. She wanted to pull away and slap him for doing this but instead her eyes slowly closed and opened her mouth to him.

It started off soft and slow but fastly gained up speed and became rough. Everyone and everything around them faded away and Cico got lost in the best kiss of her life. Then again, this was her first kiss in her 21 years of living. His hand slowly moved to the back of her head and pulled the hair tie out and her long hair fell down pass her shoulders.

They had only been kissing for a few minutes but to Cico it felt like they had been kissing for an hour, when they heard someone clearing their throat. They pulled away to see the guy behind the bar looking at them. “If you want to make out then I will have to ask you to leave, not everyone wants to see people making out while they are trying to eat dinner.”

“Sorry,” Adrian said as he reached for Cico's hand and pulled her up and out of her chair. Before she could say anything she found herself sitting across from Abby. She was still dazed by the kiss and sat there speechless with Abby grinning at them both. Their waiter came back with their food and asked Cico if she wanted anything.

“She would like a glass of water,” Adrian smiled up at him as he wrapped an arm around her waist. Cico didn't know what was going on and was getting scared. She looked all of the attention too much and didn't what to get attached to him. After the waiter left them to eat their food, Adrian reached for a small plate that was for the bread that sat on the table and moved half of his fish and rice onto it. Placing the food in front of Cico, Adrian got up to get her a fork and knife.

Cico looked over to see Abby pulling apart some chicken tenders and dipping it in ranch. Abby looked up and smiled as she went back to eating. When Adrian came back with the silverware, Cico was hunger. She slowly ate the food, still lost about what has happened. One minute she was sitting at the bar silently crying, then getting the best kiss ever, and now sitting with her neighbor and the girl who is being looked for by two scary guys.

“So, what's wrong?” Adrian said breaking the silence. “What was with the tears?” Cico stopped eating and started to pick at her fish. It didn't taste so good anymore. “Just answer, I'm not going to stop asking until you answer,” he laughed.

“It's my birthday,” Cico said and left it at that.

“And that is a bad thing?” Abby laughed.

“Yeah, it is when it is also the 21st anniversary of your mother's death,” Cico said not looking up as she picked at her shirt. When no one said anything she looked up to see Abby give Adrian an odd look. “What's wrong?”

“Did your father ever remarried?” Abby asked instead. Cico looked back and forth from Abby to Adrian before answering.

“Don't know, never met him. The social workers told me that he left my mom when she found out she was pregnant with me,” she said and saw anger flash across Abby's face.

“Sound familiar Adrian?” Abby said, looking pissed. Cico turned to Adrian and was about to go off on him when he held up a hand.

“She's not talking about me,” he laughed before taking a sip of his drink. “It's Abby's story to tell not mine. But I'm sorry to hear about your mother.” Adrian actually looked like he was sorry and Cico was taken aback by the thought that he was sad for her lost. “No one should have to live a life without a parent.”

They finished their meal and as Adrian was paying the bill, Abby and Cico went out to the car. Cico had forgotten all about the two men at her door when a black car pulled up beside them. Abby was playing with a cell phone in the backseat and Cico was thinking about her mother and her past when she heard a car door slam.

Cico looked up just as Adrian walked out the doors and stopped in front of two men. At first she was confused to why he looked so scared until she realized who the men were. “Shit, Abby hide,” she snapped turning around pushed her into the floor board. Abby did what she was told but sneaked a peak and when she saw who they were she knew she was in trouble.