The rage of a dragon

Michael^

Chapter 18

"I'll kill them! Whoever did that to my Papa!" Evelina gets held back by Dominic and then she turns around and begins to cry in his arms.

"Why isn't he waking up? Something like a stab through his stomach is nothing for him." Jarvis frowns.

Nao clicks his tongue, "it's not just any stab wound..." he takes a pair of  scissors and cuts through Jonathan's clothes. His blood is darker than it's supposed to be.

"He's still bleeding?" Edan's shocked voice is followed by another cry from Evelina.

"Poison..." I hear him murmur to himself and then he looks up at us, sure of it, "they poisoned him."

"With what? No poison should make him like this!" Evelina yells.

"Calm down sister. We need to do something before it's too late. The Exodraos are everywhere, we find one and we bring them in."

"Smell... Abe it's that smell." We all turn to look at Arthur as his lip begins to quiver and his eyes begin to water.

"Yeah I know Art."

"Do you know that smell?" I ask him. He looks at me with big pain-filled eyes. I walk to him and get on one knee. My hand unconsciously moves to his temple and he starts sobbing. Arthur leans his head into my hand and I bring him into a tight hug.

"The first time they killed Art... they used that." They all hold their breathe. Evelina gasps and the atmosphere in the apartment turns dark.

"The first time? How many times..." Jarvis' voice comes out hesitant, he's afraid of hearing the answer.

I look at Abraham as he glares at the ground. "They killed Art and brought him back to life one time. They did to me three times."

It's as if the room becomes a hue of red. The ground, the walls, the objects in the room, everything begins to shake and fall.

"Wow wow stop!" Nao yells at them. He even stands and puts his hands out to tell them to calm themselves.

"Come on now! I was trying to take a nap before my shift at the diner-" Joshua stops and looks around the room and stops looking once his eyes fall on Jonathan. "Oh... shit what happened?"

"Art." Abraham shakes his head towards Jonathan's direction. Arthur hiccups and nods, wiping away at his tears. He walks over to his father and touches his wound. We all watch as Arthur heals his open wound.

"Art was baby when they did it. Papa will be okay."

"What do you mean?" Dominic asks.

"Papa strong, Art wasn't."

"How are you so sure?"

"Smell." Abraham points at his nose. "It smell the same. They think they can kill Papa same way they did Art."

"Thank you Abraham." Evelina walks up to him and gives him a kiss and a hug. His eyes say it all. Those actions are foreign to him.

"We'll be right back." Jarvis speaks up. He, Edan, and Dominic start walking to the door.

"Can you stay here and take care of our papa and the boys? Please?" Evelina asks me.

"You don't have to ask."

"Where are you guys going?" Nao asks after watching Arthur closely.

"We're going hunting." Their eyes slit and glare.