Prologue

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Hey guys! I just want to remind you that I am a Filipino student, I am only fifteen so please bear with my spellings and grammar. Please note that this is a short story. I am sorry if this will make you cringe if ever you find it childish. But believe me, I planned the twists and plots of the story with the help of my best friend. Again guys, I am saying sorry in advance because I know you are going to notice some errors. Thank you for understanding. Please tell me your comments about my story. Votes will be highly appreciated. Thank you! :)

***

"Rebecca, hurry up!" This is precisely the nth time that Kuya Ryan shouts because of me being so slow.

What can he expect? I don't really like going on an OJT because I still have my thesis to do. Well, I cannot do anything about it. This is what I want, Engineering is my dream. If I want to be one, I should be responsible for the things that might come my way.

I sighed, after applying a light eyeliner.

"Alright! I'm coming," I said.

I walked downstairs, get my baggage and the keys on the table, and lock the door.

"You look prepared, Rebecca," he said, probably pointing for the opposite meaning.

My sweater is quite crumpled, my pants are dusty (maybe because I packed more clothes aside from what I had packed last night), and I am with my damn messy hair.

He grabs my wrist and pull out the ponytail, handing it to me, "Go make yourself presentable. This is your last training, Rebecca. For God's sake! You gotta be kidding with your look."

"I don't need your comment. Just get in the car and drive with your mouth shut," oh so this is us. Always shouting at each other. It is not new by the way. We used to talk like this and it seems that we did enjoy talking in this way. After that, I put my hair into a messy bun with few hairs on both side of my face.

Mom and Dad are out of the country for a matter of business so Kuya Ryan and I are left in our house. If you are going to ask me how is it staying with my brother, well it is definitely boring.

"Are you sure everything you need is here?" He asks, making sure that we don't have to go back here again in case I forgot something. I nod.

Anyway, one of the things I don't like is sitting next to him especially in a car. That's why I am now here at the back seat with my things around me and the bag on my lap.

I saw him glaring multiple times at the front mirror, "You don't seem excited, do you?"

"I'm just.. I'm too busy with my thesis and now, I have to do this on job training," I hold my forehead. I am getting stressed right now.

"That is the matter about Engineering. OJT and thesis come together. Cheer up, Rebecca. I know you can do it," him trying to make me motivated. But I just can't.

I look away, watching the view outside the car. The buildings are tall, the fresh air is nowhere to smell, and surroundings are chaotic, as usual.

I am on my way to a resort called Taraki here in Spain. I don't have any idea with that place, like how it looks like and how am I going to love it. So we will be staying there for three months, maybe? I don't know. What I am sure is my clothes are enough for a long training.