01

I heard a honk, and I knew by heart where that sound came from – Storm’s red Audi. I’ve been riding that thing for about six years now. It has been his buddy since high school—since we got together. It has been our companion in every adventure, our witness in every milestone in our relationship. Like tonight, Storm and I are celebrating our sixth year anniversary.

I used to doubt Storm’s intentions. I mean, for the longest time, I’ve been very vocal about my feelings for him, to no avail. In high school, he’s the perfect guy and I’m the perfect girl. Yet he chose to ignore me and went for other girls instead. He dated girls of lower class and quality. It was very insulting, really.

Then came that day during our 12th grade. It was the 15th of July – the best morning I ever had.

Mischa,” a familiar baritone whispered in my ear. Shivers ran down my spine. I almost dropped my textbooks when I recognized that voice.

“Storm...” I immediately placed my stuff in my locker and held on it for security. My knees were shaking involuntarily. Only Storm could affect me like this. For heaven’s sake, I’m Mischa Brillantes and I’m perfect. But Storm Peralta could bring out the worst in me.

I tried composing myself, but I couldn’t face him. “What do you need?” I tried to sound cool.

“I wanna court you, Mischa. Let me.”

My body automatically spun around so I could look him in the eye. I wanted to see the emotion, the sincerity in his eyes. “What did you just say?”

“You heard me.” He gave me his panty-dropping, signature smirk. “Let. Me. Court. You. Mischa.”

My brows furrowed in confusion. “You don’t do courtship, Storm.”

He simply shrugged. “People change.”

I couldn’t come up with any witty comeback, and I hate it. This is so not me!

“I guess I like you more than the other girls that I’m willing to start with courtship, Mischa. I’d never been refused, but I think you’re worth the risk.” His lips curved into a smile – not a smirk, but a genuine smile.

That was enough for me. Only Storm could turn me into a softie.

“No,” I softly answered.

It was his turn to get confused. “No, as in I can’t court you?”

“No, as in you don’t have to court me, silly!” I giggled. “For the past six years, I’ve been telling you how much I’m in love with you – practically throwing myself at you, but you never spared me a glance. Now that you finally took notice of me, I won’t let this slip away. Not now, not ever.”

His eyes widened at my little speech. But I wasn’t done yet. “You’re now my boyfriend, Zachary Storm Peralta.”

I grabbed his face with all the strength left in me. I shut my eyes and kissed him, just like how I’ve always dreamed of. Only now, his lips tasted so good. In my dreams, I never knew. But now, it was a sweet, minty, oh so manly taste. Just when I though it couldn’t get any better, Storm started moving his lips against mine.

In the middle of the hallway and of our nosy schoolmates, nothing else mattered but the magical first kiss Storm and I were sharing.

Not once did I regret what happened that morning. Since that day, Storm has been the perfect boyfriend always treating me like a queen and making me feel special. No matter how busy we are with our own lives, we always end up in each other’s arms.