Nothing new, yet.

Evan Hansen. He was just one person out of billions of people in the world. He had social anxiety. He couldn't find the right courage to talk to people without worrying about what they will think of him. He felt so insecure, as most teenagers were as well. And his ultimate bully, ever since his childhood, Connor Murphy, always found a way to make him miserable, whether making fun of his love for trees, or mocking his stutter.  And oh did Evan loathe all of it. He wished he can show himself to Connor as a more tougher guy, but against him? And for so long?  He can kiss that chance goodbye. Evan writes a letter to himself daily, and explains why everyday would be a good day to keep his thoughts off of the negative. 

      Evan was awoken to the constant beeping of his alarm clock. He got himself ready, the same familiar light blue striped shirt, grey pants, shoes, and neatly combed hair. Evan's attention was suddenly stolen from a glass window, to a picture frame hanging on his bedside wall. It was a picture of him, and his childhood best friend, it is such a shame they are no longer close.

   "Have a good day at school sweetheart! And... one more thing,... wait-actually, that can wait until after school. You have a good day!" Evan's mother, Heidi, illuminated a much more brighter demeanor than usual. Evan questionably quirked an eyebrow up, but brushed the thought off as he made his way off to school. It was his senior year of highschool. His last year to make it all count, before his graduation. Evan was off to a good start, until he heard footsteps come up behind him. The dangerous clicking of sharp heeled shoes, or the heavy steps of just someone's sneakers. There it goes, the 'click, 'click, 'click. It was all too familiar. Evan turned around. He saw the silhouette of a familiar figure, long hair, tall, a skinny figure,.... it was the one person he did not want to run into. It was Connor Murphy. Evan then felt a cold bead of sweat, roll down the flesh of his neck. He was nervous, all over again.